Wanderings of an EXR

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I like your rear tire. Looks like it grips good!
Thanks MP, it grips too well in certain situations and pushes the front a bit. Its the Moto Z hybrid trials tire with a MX tire casing. This is the 120/100x18 and it is BIG. I like the tire and will run it again, the next one will be the 110/100x18 though.

Motophyllic

Thanks for the info. That’s exactly what I was looking for. Just wondering, did it hurt your range and why would you switch the size. I was thinking the biggest possible for better traction where I ride with a lot of rocks, logs, and basically trials country.

Reactions: Rix

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Thanks for the info. That’s exactly what I was looking for. Just wondering, did it hurt your range and why would you switch the size. I was thinking the biggest possible for better traction where I ride with a lot of rocks, logs, and basically trials country.
When I threw on the new tire, I also changed my gearing from 13/53T to 12/52T. Whatever mechanical advantage I picked up by going the slightly lower gear ratio (about 6%) was made up by the increased circumference of the tire. Its as tall as my front tire. This next year, I will duplicate some rides I had with the stock tire and let you know if range was affected. But my gut is telling me no.

Motophyllic

If that gearing and tire are working good for you, I think I’ll try it. By any chance, is it tubeless?

Reactions: Rix