Vin Id

Motophyllic

I have a dealer laptop preinstalled with multi tool. Just wondering if that will allow me to install different firmware, or if I have to make my own computer with the multi tool available on the site? Just wondering if it’s more restrictive being that it’s a laptop from the dealer.

snydes

Staff member
I’m not sure if the dealer version has the loader tab or not, if it doesn’t, than I believe you will need one of the other versions to be able to load anything other than what the “recommended firmware” file indicates.

Motophyllic

0E7F4FFB-6386-403D-A5FC-25146DD3A960.jpeg
Mine is completely different. I don’t think I can select a version. IS anyone familiar with this?

snydes

Staff member
Ok, I had seen the dealer version once. You won’t be able to load individual files with that. Honestly IMO I think that version is about useless. Very limited features.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
View attachment 6039
Mine is completely different. I don’t think I can select a version. IS anyone familiar with this?

As @snydes said, that is the dealer MT. Because you have a semi configured laptop you can download the Technician/MFG version of Multitool off the of the forum. Once loaded you can get the same functionality.

snydes

Staff member
Can I have both on one computer? If so, that would be great.
No, I don’t think so. Rashid means it’s much easier to change to the other version since your computer is already loaded with the files. If you want to keep the dealer version for nostalgia, than I think you might want to start fresh with another computer.

Motophyllic

Someone on here offered a computer already configured and set up. I want to go that route. I agree with the nostalgic value of this dealer computer.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I do have a kit to loan out, although I do charge a deposit in case it doesn't come back. I can give you info if you want to go that route. Or, there are a few members in the NY area with laptops as well. I know @OneLapper is famous for fixing folks in that area. I believe he is in Connecticut.

Where in New York are you located?

Motophyllic

I’m looking to buy a laptop just so I have it so I can go between different firmware. I’m in orange county New York. @TCMB371 posted that he was planning on making some laptops to sell. I contacted him but he hasn’t gotten back to me. He might be my best option here.

Duramax327

I do have a kit to loan out, although I do charge a deposit in case it doesn't come back. I can give you info if you want to go that route. Or, there are a few members in the NY area with laptops as well. I know @OneLapper is famous for fixing folks in that area. I believe he is in Connecticut.

Where in New York are you located?

You don’t by chance sell a laptop with multi tool already loaded on do you? I’m about to go buy a laptop that works well with ubuntu lmk I would be interested in a computer already setup that you know works well. Thank you