Varg - Gear Oil Change

Theo

I have a new motor on the way for mine, mine locked up. I also had a battery fault straight out of the crate that I have already changed.

I have undone every bolt on the bike and I have 2.3hrs on it....
Sorry to hear that.
Is it locked because of a mechanical problem like seized bearings or electric like the motor stuck in one position?
Did it lock while in motion or you turned it on and it was locked??

mbw479

Locked in motion, failed temp sensor according to stark. I am skeptical though, I was flat out, the motor was loaded up. However, these motors must have some thermal protection, a $50 rainwater pump does….when the new motor is fitted I will ride it the same way.

Theo

Locked in motion
[...]
I was flat out, the motor was loaded up.
That actually sounds pretty dangerous! If I am flat out, I could be standing in the attack position with my weight forward and if it locks in that moment my body could end up in front of the handlebar, maybe in front of the front wheel. Or if it happens while airborne the bike will probably nosedive.
Honestly after having read about these experiences I don't really feel comfortable riding that thing anymore.
I also see that the power unit is not available anymore as a replacement, even if I log in in their site, which makes me thinking that they are taking some corrective actions and so they just can't sell the ones they have in their warehouse.

blbills

That actually sounds pretty dangerous! If I am flat out, I could be standing in the attack position with my weight forward and if it locks in that moment my body could end up in front of the handlebar, maybe in front of the front wheel. Or if it happens while airborne the bike will probably nosedive.
Honestly after having read about these experiences I don't really feel comfortable riding that thing anymore.
I also see that the power unit is not available anymore as a replacement, even if I log in in their site, which makes me thinking that they are taking some corrective actions and so they just can't sell the ones they have in their warehouse.
No. They just don't want to give DIYers and competition direct access to their primary IP.