Uploading SM maps to the EX?

Oded

Would like to upload the SM maps to my EX.
Do I need to upload the entire SM firmware, or only the module that is responsible for the different maps?

Wouldn't the fact that the SM have onboard charger cause any problem to the offboard charger EX (firmware wise)?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Would uploading the SM maps into the MXR reduce the power output to 40hp?

@OneLapper uploaded the MXR Erzberg maps onto his MX and thought he got more power in Map 4. So I am wondering I would lose the top power if I upload the SM maps into my MXR.

Oded

What is tractor mode supposed to do? Any idea way it is not working? What other benefits/changes are there in the Erzberg FW?

From what I gather, tractor mode spin the wheel much slower, hence preventing unwanted wheel spin, and lets you creep along.
Erzberg fw also have different voltage limits to make better use of the battery in race conditions.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
This weekend I might have time (weather permitting) to play around with different FWs and different bikes. I hope to verify what @Oded is seeing.

Here's a quick recap, and this is subjective as I have not verified my "butt dyno" with a real dyno. I have plans to get some dyno time with @Edabdo when our schedules sync up.

I have been using the Erzberg FW on my MX for a while. I think it works great for the hard enduro racing I do. Tractor mode and hill hold work great.
@Oded installed the Erzberg FW on his EX. Hill hold works, no tractor mode, lights, horn, etc are functional.

Note: Erzberg FW is actually for MX/MXR bikes, not EXRs as Alta presented for the actual race. In other words, the FW is MX/MXR based with the function of DOT lights added, and tractor mode, hill hold.

It was thought/stated that the Erzberg FW increased SOC limits from 4.08vdc to 4.20vdc when charging. I have not see this. Also, I have not seen that it lowers the SOC at the end of the scale for additional range. I suspect that the battery packs were manually charged to 4.20vdc at the start of the race, or the engineers had the ability to make this change when connected to the bike while charging. This is just a guess. It's what I would have done if I was race crew chief.

The additional HP I have felt in my MX is not from the Erzberg FW. @Philip is right that I commented on that, but thats from a different project of mixing and matching FW in the Loader Tab within MT. I need the dyno time to confirm this before I go into any details. As @TCMB371 has advised, we don't recommend doing this at this point.

Oded

Read the notes release of the Erzberg fw and they only note "hill hold" & motor temp different cutoff. Weird

20200211_220712_HDR.jpg

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
@Oded , agreed. But what we don't see are the previous revision notes or the final revision notes. It anyone guess as to what else is in the Erzberg FW.

Oded

@Oded , agreed. But what we don't see are the previous revision notes or the final revision notes. It anyone guess as to what else is in the Erzberg FW.

Looking forward to hear your test results. It will be much more valuable than what is written in the release notes.

Edabdo

This weekend I might have time (weather permitting) to play around with different FWs and different bikes. I hope to verify what @Oded is seeing.

Here's a quick recap, and this is subjective as I have not verified my "butt dyno" with a real dyno. I have plans to get some dyno time with @Edabdo when our schedules sync up.

I have been using the Erzberg FW on my MX for a while. I think it works great for the hard enduro racing I do. Tractor mode and hill hold work great.
@Oded installed the Erzberg FW on his EX. Hill hold works, no tractor mode, lights, horn, etc are functional.

Note: Erzberg FW is actually for MX/MXR bikes, not EXRs as Alta presented for the actual race. In other words, the FW is MX/MXR based with the function of DOT lights added, and tractor mode, hill hold.

It was thought/stated that the Erzberg FW increased SOC limits from 4.08vdc to 4.20vdc when charging. I have not see this. Also, I have not seen that it lowers the SOC at the end of the scale for additional range. I suspect that the battery packs were manually charged to 4.20vdc at the start of the race, or the engineers had the ability to make this change when connected to the bike while charging. This is just a guess. It's what I would have done if I was race crew chief.

The additional HP I have felt in my MX is not from the Erzberg FW. @Philip is right that I commented on that, but thats from a different project of mixing and matching FW in the Loader Tab within MT. I need the dyno time to confirm this before I go into any details. As @TCMB371 has advised, we don't recommend doing this at this point.

Get your butt over here and lets get that on the dyno!!!!

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Yall should be careful using the erzberg firmware. It's based on older firmware that contains the "Throttle Inverter Fault" bug when the throttle is rolled forward a couple degrees. This can be dangerous as the bike loses motor power when this happens.

Motophyllic

Yall should be careful using the erzberg firmware. It's based on older firmware that contains the "Throttle Inverter Fault" bug when the throttle is rolled forward a couple degrees. This can be dangerous as the bike loses motor power when this happens.
Can you tell me where to find this firmware?