Upgraded to Redshift MXR (Spoiler Alert: Steve, do not look)!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Yay!!! Looks just like mine!

The time stamp on my photo is 5:17pm EST. I signed the paperwork after that.

After that and drove home. I rode it for a few minutes in my backyard track. Did you get to ride yours yet?

snydes

Staff member
Thanks, you still beat me then :( !

Till I got home and got everything unloaded it was dark. I rode it between the garage and house just to be able to say I rode it. I took the day off tomorrow and am going to a practice track for my maiden voyage.

What charger did they give you?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
They took a long time to count the $12K+ in cash that I brought. Even had to file a terrorist paperwork to the FBI. The time stamp on that post was 5:51pm. Maybe you beat you by 1 minute, there is no telling. We need a photo finish -- more photos!

They did not have the Rapid charger, so I didn't get any. I will use my other charger until the Rapid one arrives, hopefully next week, and before I sell my old Redshift.

I am now searching for the local weekend practice days.

snydes

Staff member
This dealer is certainly selling them. They got 4 of them (MXR’s), 3 were already sold and the 4th is their demo bike. Alta is busy trying to keep orders filled I believe.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Philip, ... if you ask me, I would replace your MX plastics with the MXR as well. Looks great.

I actually prefer the custom graphics kit on my MX. The stock MXR certainly looks better than the stock MX, but after being used to seeing all those fenders and shrouds "tattooed" with different labels, I think I will be missing that.

I want to get a graphics kit for my MXR. I certainly want to put AltaOwnersForum.com on the fenders. I am just torn between ordering the same black/white graphics kit and inventing something new white/red/orange.

Fod

Nice! My buddy and I got ours Thursday (Top step on podium) and rode a local state run track this morning! We got both chargers but still waiting for our SXS skids to come in! So Map 2 has RIDICULOUS amount of engine braking....I like Map 3 much better when jumping. I feel the suspension is still a bit on the soft side and needs a bit more rebound, but compared to the 17 I will not complain at all! Love it!

Also.....battery life was good....not great like the reviews make it sound. Map 4 will drain your battery in no time.

snydes

Staff member
Congrats Fod! That make 3 of us here (4 with your buddy) that got their bikes on Thursday. It must have been MXR day. Several people now have mentioned that they don't like how strong the engine braking is. I got used to it fairly quickly and actually started to like it. Now without a clutch and gears to worry about you can really focus on your throttle control and only 'chop it' when you want that braking.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats, Fod and buddy!!!

That also was my first impression with jumping in Map 2. You are simply not prepared for the rear wheel to stop while you are up in the air. It is much easier to start in Map 3. But if the jump is long enough, then Map 3 will pull your front end down as well, eventually. So, you have to keep the throttle partially open while up in the air. Once you learn that and it becomes automatic, jumping in any map, including Map 2, will not be a problem. I now actually prefer the engine braking in Map 2 and may want even a bit more of it. It helps with stabilizing the bike when entering turns.

Yes, I had the same observations about the stock rebound settings as well. Riding a demo bike I had both rear clickers -- compression and rebound -- fully in.

I haven't taken my own MXR to a track yet (it is raining here for the next 2 days :cry:, but I already put 7 miles on it in my backyard :)!). I will know more after I take mine to a proper MX track.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I am jealous! It will be raining heavily here for the entire weekend, all local tracks are closed.

Two weeks from now Championship Powersports (a northwest Ohio dealer) will have a demo day at the MX Express track. No gas will be allowed that day, but the track said I am invited!

snydes

Staff member
I am jealous! It will be raining heavily here for the entire weekend, all local tracks are closed.

Two weeks from now Championship Powersports (a northwest Ohio dealer) will have a demo day at the MX Express track. No gas will be allowed that day, but the track said I am invited!

Nice. Quietest-track-day-ever!