Tyre profile rear totally destroyed!

wwmotors

Hello Alta shredders, anyone here, who has the same problem? Only on my ALTA MXR, the tyres look at the end like this, see picture! All studs are missing , especially the side ones. I never had that problem on ICE bikes. I am not able, to wear the tyre down normally. Tried different brands, but always same problem. In the moment i ride MICHELIN Starcross 5 in Medium. Any solution?

MichelinAlta.PNG

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I have that happen to me with Dunlops. Been running Bridgestone battlecross X20 and X30 for years and never had this issue.

wwmotors

I have that happen to me with Dunlops. Been running Bridgestone battlecross X20 and X30 for years and never had this issue.
The Dunlops, which where on the bikes from factory had the same issue after only a few hours. Michelins lasts way longer, but it is unsatisfying, that they also break away! May be, I try Bridgestone next time!? Your advantage is, that You have softer and sandy soil in the US, especially in California. We have mostly hard soil, sometimes a few rocks inside here in Germany.

snydes

Staff member
I’ve always had problems with Dunlops also. I put this Shinko 525 on for an off road race and I have to say I’m really happy with how it is wearing. It’s is a bit of a heavy tire but they are cheap and I can’t say anything bad about the performance.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Hello Alta shredders, anyone here, who has the same problem? Only on my ALTA MXR, the tyres look at the end like this, see picture! All studs are missing , especially the side ones. I never had that problem on ICE bikes. I am not able, to wear the tyre down normally. Tried different brands, but always same problem. In the moment i ride MICHELIN Starcross 5 in Medium. Any solution?

View attachment 5816
The maxxis desert IT chunks like that here in Nevada.