TRIUMPH ANNOUNCE THEIR INTENT TO ENTER THE MOTOCROSS AND ENDURO WORLDS

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
TRIUMPH ANNOUNCE THEIR INTENT TO ENTER THE MOTOCROSS AND ENDURO WORLDS

Coming hand-in-hand with this commitment, to race and win at the highest level in the sport, Triumph is proud to announce that global Motocross legend Ricky Carmichael and five-times Enduro World Champion Iván Cervantes have joined the Triumph family as active partners in both bike testing and preparation for racing.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
It's all good.

I hope Triumph understands that the days of ICE engines in Europe are numbered, and that they have to look into electrics in order to secure their own future and to differentiate themselves from the competition.

But even if they do not understand, a small shakedown in the motocross bike market is long overdue. Ktmvarnagas is pushing the same bike in three different colors, Suzuki is almost dead, and the rest of the Japanese have become too lazy. A new entrant would cut down everyone's profit margins and stir up the competition and the sales.

This would only accelerate the technical development of the bikes, and given that the untapped potential of ICE bikes is very small, and their profit margins are shrinking, I hope someone would eventually get back to making competitive electric MX bikes, which could be sold for more money that ICE bikes, rewarding the EV innovation, like it is already happening in the automotive market.

evh1

As I posted in another thread in the forum, Triumph is well along in R&D with an electric bike with the company Bajaj from India. Fingers crossed they do this as well as they are going with ICE dirty bikes.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Triumph does have an electric motorcycle in the works. Not dirt bike, but at least several years of experience.