Triple Clamps Alternatives

gprix1

Neken, Xtrig, Ride Engineering, many other companies. I googled and these are the names that came up first.
You have to be careful because the clearance to the frame can be an issue. If you do get a different clamp it has to have a pretty much flat top-surface on the lower clamp (and you still might grind some material for clearance) and nothing protruding below on the top clamp (like the '16.5+ KTM clamps). This is why I only suggest using the OEM 13' - '15 clamps because I know those work. Others might too but you will have to do your own research on that.

thsm007

Xtrig are nice too bc the offset is adjustable.

As gprix said, using a standard config like a Ktm set up makes any tweaks mods and customizations much easier. I just think maybe more guys buy the bike if they can use the wheel sets and guards they have already. My guess is the only reason it was done this way is to control after market and be able to make more money? As a rider investing in this platform, ideally the only thing that’s unique is the frame and tech. All other bits and pieces shld be standard dirt bike fair. My other gripe is the brake pedal and pegs.... looks like maybe better for a SM set up? What dirt bike has no spikes for the pedal trip and rounded off spikes for then pegs? The trend in dirt bikes is more spikey grippy not less. The goofy brushies are a waste. They shld Just save the cost in production and sell wo anything than include those lol

I did ride the bike the other day and damn it’s a lot of fun :)

gprix1

The stock clamps do not seem to keep the front wheel as straight as other clamps can. They seem to deform permanently, not necessarily from the twisting but definitely from the clamping bolts. Perhaps the aluminum in them is a bit too soft.
Philip, what I noticed is the gap on the clamp closes completely on the Alta triple clamps before it's completely tight. Once that happens, no matter how tight you make the bolts it won't clamp the fork tubes any tighter. I think this is why they make a creaking sound when you twist them and when riding and also get knocked off -center so easy. The gap on the clamp should never be able to completely close. I think the aluminum quality is not the issue but they need to machine a little more gap in the pinching part of the clamp.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Philip, what I noticed is the gap on the clamp closes completely on the Alta triple clamps before it's completely tight. Once that happens, no matter how tight you make the bolts it won't clamp the fork tubes any tighter.
Must be a quality control issue. They over-bored it. Mine still have a gap. But my gap is not very uniform.

Mark911

I mentioned the stretching and deformation issues to the folks at Alta last year. I heard it from a pretty reliable source that they changed from 6061 to 7075 on the new models (mine was a 17). I figured that would fix the issue but maybe I got bad intel. My fix was to just change clamps (KTM).