Trials e-Bikes: OSET 24 OR

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Just added a new ride to the stable. 2020 Oset 24.0R. MKII Lithium. Been looking for a used one for a long time, but they have always been too pricey (over $5000 new with tax, and usually about $4300-$4500 used.). Found this one for $3600, and it has a new battery (literally one charge on it - replaced under warranty from Oset because of a broken pin in the connector.). Figured I couldn’t pass up the deal. Even comes with the optional seat.

I have been looking for an electric trials bike for a while. I come from a street bike background, and things like wheelies and breaking traction are just not in my genes. I automatically cancel a wheelie whenever the tire starts to leave the ground. But wheelies and sliding the rear tire are so integral to the dirt bike experience. And I’ve been a little fearful of breaking my Alta trying to learn wheelies.

So, hoping the Oset can allow me to help learn some trials skills, so I don’t just run into the log on the trail and tip over like I usually do! Wish me luck!
1602948692575.jpg
1602950868349.jpg
1602950895019.jpg

F451

...so I don’t just run into the log on the trail and tip over like I usually do!

You say that like its a bad thing, Lol.

No really, congrats on the new bike, that is awesome. Be sure to keep us posted on how you like it. I'd really like to add another electric dirt bike to the fold.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
It does feel super tiny next to the Alta. Super narrow as well. But it's got a lot of zip down low. Also super-duper quiet. Only ridden it once this morning. My boys have been monopolizing it the rest of the time. They are pulling some nice wheelies, though, so that bodes well.

snydes

Staff member
I only rode a trials bike one time, felt really foreign to me. I guess I’d get use to it if I gave it more time.

Judaslefourbe

It does feel super tiny next to the Alta. Super narrow as well. But it's got a lot of zip down low. Also super-duper quiet. Only ridden it once this morning. My boys have been monopolizing it the rest of the time. They are pulling some nice wheelies, though, so that bodes well.
I'm thinking about getting one as well and wondering if my boy (smaller 8 year old) could ride it too on low settings.
Do you think that would do it or should I look at the 20?

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
The 24 is still pretty low, and you’d mostly be standing up. So size isn’t really an issue. You can turn the settings down pretty low. At full power, it is easy to let it get away from you. Especially with the more powerful battery I put on it. The stock lithium battery is 48v, 20ah. The new battery is 58v, 40ah, so it has some additional giddy-up

Feel free to drop me a PM if you’d like to give it a ride. I’m just across the Bay.

I found this vid of an 8 year-old riding a 24, and size doesn’t seem to be an issue.

Oded

My 13 years old have the 24R. It's a great bike, but can be a bit handful for a 8 years old in my opinion.
I'd go with the 20, or 16 depending on his height.

That's the problem with children, they grow up fast, requiring constant change of gear (helmets, boots) and bikes...

Judaslefourbe

Feel free to drop me a PM if you’d like to give it a ride. I’m just across the Bay.

I found this vid of an 8 year-old riding a 24, and size doesn’t seem to be an issue.
Sadly I'm now in Toronto, but I appreciate the offer.
Also thank you for the video.

Judaslefourbe

My 13 years old have the 24R. It's a great bike, but can be a bit handful for a 8 years old in my opinion.
I'd go with the 20, or 16 depending on his height.
I want to be able to use it and I am certainly well over the 45kg max weight recommended for the 20 :)

Oded

Well, the max on the 24 is 90kg. Which I exceed by almost 20kg. But it still seems to pull me around.
Than the 24r it is.

I read that jumping the bike with a 90 kg + rider, may cause the suspension linkage to break. Keep an eye on that.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Than the 24r it is.

I read that jumping the bike with a 90 kg + rider, may cause the suspension linkage to break. Keep an eye on that.
Yeah, that’s why I only putt around on it and try the occasional wheelie. My sons ride it 99% of the time.