Transferring money and shipping the bike

Christian

What’s the best and safest way for the buyer to transfer the money to the seller when buying a bike? What’s the best shipping company?

Fantic

I also used Motoshipper (Tim) from Portland to the Bay Area. Perfect communication fast and reliable.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I bought a bunch of auto dealer old parts inventory from a very sketchy character a few years ago. I used www.escrow.com to pay for the transaction. The money is held in the escrow and is released only if both the buyer and the seller are happy. They would charge $175 for a $10,000 motor vehicle transaction. If you wire the money, this is still cheaper and safer than PayPal with their 2.9% fee.

Trialsman

It can be sometimes unnerving, but that feeling does not happen on this site. I just sold my MX to Gargantuar. He sent me a bank check and arranged shipping, then I sent him the bike. Tables turned and I bought an EXR from Rix. I sent him a bank check and arranged shipping through ASG (Auto Shippers Group). As soon as they get him on the schedudle for pick up it will be on the way to me. There has to be some level of trust between the two parties and a site like this makes it much easier.

Butch

Poseur
ditto. Bought a bike, sold a set of plastic, bought two displays... all on this site, un secured, because i know i can trust you guys...
And Philip knows how to find you and neutralize your existence.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
ditto. Bought a bike, sold a set of plastic, bought two displays... all on this site, un secured, because i know i can trust you guys...
And Philip knows how to find you and neutralize your existence.
Exactly. I had like three chances already to make Bunch disappear in the wilderness, yet he is still around because he is a very nice guy. Be nice! :)

masi0607

I bought my Alta from California (I live in New York) and transferred funds through my bank account to his. Used UShip as the shipping company. The seller packed the bike in a metal crate and everything worked out perfect. We spoke on the phone and send photos of our drivers licenses.

Motophyllic

A local dealer might accept the bike and be an intermediary with the payment. Seller should be comfortable shipping to a dealer and then dealer sends check to seller. You pick up bike when seller gets paid. Doesn’t have to be an Alta dealer.