Top of Mt. St.Helena (all the important stuff)

Trialsman

Two years after it eruped my two sons and I climbed the back side to look down into the still hot crater. Is there now a trail to take a bike to the top? I never thought they would open it up to motorized vehicles. It is spectacular as you look out in all directions to see the other volcanoes in the Cascades. Very cool, especially on an Alta.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Two years after it eruped my two sons and I climbed the back side to look down into the still hot crater. Is there now a trail to take a bike to the top? I never thought they would open it up to motorized vehicles. It is spectacular as you look out in all directions to see the other volcanoes in the Cascades. Very cool, especially on an Alta.
Ha ha. While riding the crater would be pretty cool, I think @Silenthorse is referring to Mt St HelenA, in California. Near Calistoga, in Napa Valley area.

Trialsman

Oops. My bad. I glanced at it and read Mt St Helens in my brain. The rocks and terrain didn’t look right and it would be a tough climb on a bike. Teaches me to slowdown and read what is there. Looks like a great vista though.

Silenthorse

I wish I could get to Mt St Helens. St Helena has a dirt road to the top for PGnE/repeater service. The signs at the gate don't mention anything about motorized vehicles...I guessed that if you can fit around it you, you're in😉