Today's ride at Hollister Hills OHV Park

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Here's a little vid of our ride today. My son is learning to ride his Sur-Ron Light Bee X. (He's transitioning from ATVs.) He did a pretty good job of keeping up, although I wasn't going too fast. It was both steeper and bumpier than it looks on the video, and the shadows kind of hid the bumps, washboards and whoops in the trail. Still a very fun trail. Amazingly, the little Sur-Ron had no problem pulling the trail, although it looked like the suspension wasn't quite up to handling some of the bigger bumps very well, even though my son is only 100 lbs or so. Still, very respectable for the little bike. The MXR handled the bumps pretty well, although not nearly as plush as my old YZ426F for trail riding. Still a blast to ride!

This is at Hollister Hills OHV Park, outside of Hollister, CA. We pretty much had the place to ourselves today. This vid is riding Harmony Gate trail, up and back down. Oh, and I'm not really talking to myself (I swear!) I and my son have a nice Sena wireless intercom setup. Makes riding together much nicer when you can just have a casual conversation from up to 1 km away without raising your voice.

YouTube really drops the quality on the video though.

Riding Hollister Hills OHV - YouTube

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Here's a few more rides we did at Carnegie SRVA this weekend. My son is getting a bit braver on his Sur-Ron traversing the hills now that he trusts it will pull him up the steeper hills and trusting the regen on the downhills. In the second video, you can see some of the damage done by the Hollow Fire a few weeks ago.

Definitely time to upgrade my Hero4 to something with some stabilization, and move the mount up from my chest. I currently have it mounted on my chest protector, but that seems a bit low unless I'm standing. Oh well. Still a good ride, shared with my kid. Can't get much better than that.