Throttle sticking

dustinhorton

Any one experienced and fix a sticking throttle? I've not tried to pull anything apart or look for schematics yet…but is there a cable like a traditional throttle?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
No cable. The motor power is controlled telepathically.

How does it stick? When did it start to stick? Do you run wraparound handguards?

Reactions: Rix

dustinhorton

I’ll shoot a video tomorrow. It’ll stick wide open.

Actually kind of happened over a few short rides. Had a buddy ride it and mention the throttle was surprisingly hard to twist, and then couple quick rides after I’d forgotten but noticed my hand really fatiguing. Sure enough, throttle is sticking.

No hand guards. Bikes a bit muddy, maybe something got in there?

rayivers

Maybe you know this already, but the smaller inner screw (closest to the handlebar) is the only one that should be used. The two outer ones are not meant to be loosened, and can damage the throttle if removed.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Maybe you know this already, but the smaller inner screw (closest to the handlebar) is the only one that should be used. The two outer ones are not meant to be loosened, and can damage the throttle if removed.
That sounds like the advice of experience...

B. FRANK

take the throttle tube off, clean the inside of the grip and the handlebar and grease the handlebar before reinstalling. do not try to loosen the stripped looking screws there is one small Allen screw that allows you to remove the throttle assembly. I got grip glue in mine and had the same problem except I removed the wrong screws and f%$&ed up. good luck.

Motophyllic

Sometimes my grips grab the big black housing to the left of the grip. I grab the donut looking part of the grip and tug back on them to get them off that plastic housing and that stops the sticking.