Thinking about making the plastics for alta

metallic88

so after not getting my idea across the first time, I guess. I made a better one with different colors to show it better, the holes i havent decided on location yet though, so its another quick one i threw together. I updated my original post.

Mikec265

Definitely an improvement. If those 2 holes were filled in, no one's knees would ever notice a thing. We don't need any venting on the back of the shrouds like a bike with radiators does.

Jared

so I threw together a quick rough idea what im thinking with the shrouds, but it will change a bit once i get the models into cad.
View attachment 4223
I’m interested in a set...Don’t care a lick what color or style you make just so long as they are durable and knee-friendly...maybe flatter/narrower where the ribs are on the stock ones would be better too.

Motophyllic

I like having the holes in the shrouds where there are holes in the bulkhead to aid in cooling. Not sure if that’s a legitimate concern, but it makes me feel better.

metallic88

I like having the holes in the shrouds where there are holes in the bulkhead to aid in cooling. Not sure if that’s a legitimate concern, but it makes me feel better.
thats my thought, the frame is the radiator and all those electronics packed into that small area, I think thats why they have the holes and same with thir 2020 design, thats why im goin to try an keep what i think are vents, while keeping the look of a normal bike.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I’m interested in a set...Don’t care a lick what color or style you make just so long as they are durable and knee-friendly...maybe flatter/narrower where the ribs are on the stock ones would be better too.
If you do not care about color and style, try riding without the shrouds. This is my plan, after I figure some durable protection for the aluminium frame.

flask38

hi
Im thinking about making the shrouds and numberplates(i might modify them) and maybe more later, I'm curious how many would be interested, if i did make the molds.

I would be interested in at least one set right now of number plates and one rear fender. I have a 2018 EX.

flask38

I hope you are planning on copying the 2020 Alta or the 2000 Kawasaki shrouds then. There is no reason to make copies of the stock bulbous knee scraper shrouds. Nobody is breaking them, and the replacements are still available and plentiful.

Not the case anymore...Where would one find replacements? I have looked at 3 Altas (2017 MX, 2018 MXR and my purchased 2018 EX) and all of them had cracked bulbous number plates from foolish test-riders flipping the bikes. Really appreciate any resources because Liquidperformance is sold out of everything except seats, rock-guards and front shrouds. Thanks!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Liquidperformance is sold out of everything except seats, rock-guards and front shrouds.
Really??? This is news to me. If someone indeed bought all the plastic they had, and there was a lot of it, there is no way they would be able to use it themselves. Either Liquid still has it, or it will show up on eBay under a different seller soon.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Really??? This is news to me. If someone indeed bought all the plastic they had, and there was a lot of it, there is no way they would be able to use it themselves. Either Liquid still has it, or it will show up on eBay under a different seller soon.
@Philip, Maybe you could follow up with @ayden_kry. I still haven’t seen a ton of stuff from them on ebay, just a few of the basics. Wonder if they are still unboxing.

metallic88

I would be interested in at least one set right now of number plates and one rear fender. I have a 2018 EX.
i'm getting there , slowly, I'd love to have them being made already, but im waiting on my mxr to show up so i can tear it down and get started, the rear fender im going to leave stock and the number plates i havent decided yet, the shouds i just dont like those ribs and the contour so thats why I'm going to change them.

but like @Philip said Liquidperformance sells alot, heres some on ebay that theyre selling.
Alta Motors SHROUD, R, WHITE 6101555-00 | eBay

ayden_kry

Forum's Sponsor
@Philip, Maybe you could follow up with @ayden_kry. I still haven’t seen a ton of stuff from them on ebay, just a few of the basics. Wonder if they are still unboxing.

We've been crazy busy moving stuff the last couple of weeks along with having to figure out how to ship orders out of two warehouse so we've been waiting to update qty's tell we get everything settled. We still have a lot of inventory left and were shooting to have a lot more Alta stuff inventoried and list around the first of the year. No need to worry about plastics running out. We still have a good amount left.

flask38

We've been crazy busy moving stuff the last couple of weeks along with having to figure out how to ship orders out of two warehouse so we've been waiting to update qty's tell we get everything settled. We still have a lot of inventory left and were shooting to have a lot more Alta stuff inventoried and list around the first of the year. No need to worry about plastics running out. We still have a good amount left.

@ayden_kry That is fantastic news! I am open to purchase another set of stock new bodywork in the New Year (my used 2018 EX numberplate came cracked from T.J.'s Cycle) AND am interested in what @metallic88 produces. If it looks good, heck yes I'll buy it too.

metallic88