Thinking about making the plastics for alta

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Can we just make molded covers for the front bulkhead to keep the aluminum from being scuffed up by the knee braces? We do not really need shrouds.

I have a spare front bulkhead that I would like to donate to the cause.

metallic88

Can we just make molded covers for the front bulkhead to keep the aluminum from being scuffed up by the knee braces? We do not really need shrouds.

I have a spare front bulkhead that I would like to donate to the cause.
yes that would be cheaper, I just want mine to till look like a classic dirt bike lol

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
yes that would be cheaper, I just want mine to till look like a classic dirt bike lol
I hope you are planning on copying the 2020 Alta or the 2000 Kawasaki shrouds then. There is no reason to make copies of the stock bulbous knee scraper shrouds. Nobody is breaking them, and the replacements are still available and plentiful.

metallic88

I hope you are planning on copying the 2020 Alta or the 2000 Kawasaki shrouds then. There is no reason to make copies of the stock bulbous knee scraper shrouds. Nobody is breaking them, and the replacements are still available and plentiful.
i am i was never intending to keep them stock i dont like how they are now lol. I was just curious of the interest, of them before i started them. but Ill be showing lots of pics before i do the molds to get feed back.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Not a fan of that at all honestly, but i might be convinced otherwise after you make an actual prototype.

Mikec265

Just use the stock shape with the ribs filled in and smoothed out for our knees. No need to reinvent the wheel.

VINSANITY

I like it - was hoping you could also slim the width down making the bike more narrow by the knee area - the stock Alta shrouds really flare out for no reason - basically an almost flat sheet of plastic.

Great work so far

Motophyllic

No, not for me. Too blocky. You could carve out the bottom so more battery shows and it wouldn’t look so blocky.

metallic88

I like it - was hoping you could also slim the width down making the bike more narrow by the knee area - the stock Alta shrouds really flare out for no reason - basically an almost flat sheet of plastic.

Great work so far
thats what im going to do, its hard to show contors int a 2d picture. thats just showing how much coverage im planing to do not the shape.

No, not for me. Too blocky. You could carve out the bottom so more battery shows and it wouldn’t look so blocky.

its not going to be blocky, that was my quick ps, lol. its going to be more rounded, once i get it modeled in cad itll show better, I just figured might as well through together a quick idea. Its hard for me to show in photoshop, but im going after the curves like these, im wanting to get more of the cr, kx, rmz, style into my alta

waswa.jpg