The Storm Bee is out!

F451

That's just another sponsored review. When he is talking about the alta he calls it heavy. The MXR is 1lb less than the storm bee. Its basically a facebook ad, vertical video...about as informative as reading sur ron marketing ad.

The Altas are heavy, they're porkers, so what's the problem? That he didn't also call the Storm Bee heavy? Ok, big deal.

He mentions some negatives of the Storm Bee, doesn't like the seat, bars were too high.

I don't understand all the cry babying about these reviews. I'm interested in learning about the Storm Bee.

Seems like some are defensive about the Altas or something? I don't get it.

snydes

Staff member
Not to start a pissing contest, and I haven’t actually watched the video yet... but if they are comparing it to the Alta and saying the Alta is heavy, when as was pointed out it’s actually the same (or a pound lighter), that’s not awesome. Don’t get me wrong, I am all for the Storm Bee. No other manufacturer’s are stepping up and putting out an electric, so anything to create interest in electric dirt bikes is a positive. Altas are still the gold standard, and I’ll be more to see another bike take those honors, but it certainly isn’t going to be the Storm Bee no matter what some retired off road champions say. No offense to them, everyone needs to make a buck!

F451

Not to start a pissing contest, and I haven’t actually watched the video yet... but if they are comparing it to the Alta and saying the Alta is heavy, when as was pointed out it’s actually the same (or a pound lighter), that’s not awesome. Don’t get me wrong, I am all for the Storm Bee. No other manufacturer’s are stepping up and putting out an electric, so anything to create interest in electric dirt bikes is a positive. Altas are still the gold standard, and I’ll be more to see another bike take those honors, but it certainly isn’t going to be the Storm Bee no matter what some retired off road champions say. No offense to them, everyone needs to make a buck!

Maybe watch the video then, might give you some insight to what they have to say.

He does mention the Alta is heavy, doesn't mention the Storm Bee is heavy. Doesn't bash the Alta, doesn't even compare them. Mentions the Storm Bee is his favorite between the 3 e-dirt bikes, that's as close to a comparison as he gets.

Haven't seen anyone in any of the vids mention that the Storm Bee is going to replace, or even match the overall performance of the Altas.

"Everyone has to make a buck", not understanding these money making comments, as if these people are paid shills.

The impression I get from the vids are honest, straight forward reviews. Not perfect, but no signs of dishonesty or misrepresentation that I can see.

Are we only allowed to sing the praises of the Altas here? Not allowed to mention any of the negatives about the Altas?

I know I've caught shit here for mentioning the things I don't like about Altas. Don't understand that either.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course.

snydes

Staff member
Maybe watch the video then, might give you some insight to what they have to say.

He does mention the Alta is heavy, doesn't mention the Storm Bee is heavy. Doesn't bash the Alta, doesn't even compare them. Mentions the Storm Bee is his favorite between the 3 e-dirt bikes, that's as close to a comparison as he gets.

Haven't seen anyone in any of the vids mention that the Storm Bee is going to replace, or even match the overall performance of the Altas.

"Everyone has to make a buck", not understanding these money making comments, as if these people are paid shills.

The impression I get from the vids are honest, straight forward reviews. Not perfect, but no signs of dishonesty or misrepresentation that I can see.

Are we only allowed to sing the praises of the Altas here? Not allowed to mention any of the negatives about the Altas?

I know I've caught shit here for mentioning the things I don't like about Altas. Don't understand that either.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course.

No man, you’re fine! I know you are anxious for another electric option. Nothing wrong with differences in opinion as long as everyone is civil. Seriously though I sincerely doubt these guys bought those bikes for msrp, that I’d be pretty confident in saying. Nobody’s going to say anything bad when when the stuff is coming cheap and easy. Reminds me of how in MX when they talk to rider who just switched teams and they ask him how the new bike/team is. “Yeah, bikes great, teams great, never felt better”. Meanwhile two seasons ago he left that same team because nothing was working, program was no good, etc.

Like I said, I hope this Storm Bee is a hit, but I’m anxious to hear what regular guys have to say about it. Hopefully they sell a bunch and guys start hot rodding them like they are the light bees.

Fourth_Floor

I owned a Light Bee 2 years ago and my experience with that bike makes me have zero interest in the Storm Bee. The trend I've noticed with China made stuff is they do a really good job of making a clean, legit looking product but once you actually have it in your hands you start to see all the cheap material that's used. I basically had to cut my losses on the Light Bee because I was replacing so much shit on it. Suspension was absolute garbage, wheels were garbage, linkage system for the rear shock was made from cheap material which I snapped, brakes were cheap. It's very tempting to be lured in with a cheap price tag and a solid, clean looking package from photos and videos but by the time you swap out parts and upgrade to where you're getting some reliability you could've purchased a much nicer bike. Also, parts availability is still very hit or miss. That linkage part I snapped I couldn't get anywhere and ended up paying a dude to machine a new one. I can recommend these bikes to a very novice rider but the second you start riding them hard, they just don't hold up. I don't expect the Storm Bee to be any different. Right off the bat, knowing very little about the bike, you're going to have to swap the suspension out. There's a reason why no major motorcycle manufacturer uses Fast Ace suspension so that's an extra couple thousand bucks right out of the gate. I remember Josh Hill did a promo video for (I think it was Cake) they were showing him riding and jumping the bike and stuff and the one scene got cut early and you can see for a split second that he absolutely pancaked the wheel haha.

Ramp_Tramp

I am really interested in these but the specs are just too low for proper motocross (i'm doing FMX) and I will have to stick with my plan of getting an Alta

The wheel base is 55mm shorter than my KXF 450 with less suspension travel.... just to put it into perspective

Buying a bike that has a functioning company is a good sale point. My local dealer says they should be around $11,000 for the MX (8500 sterling).. so expensive for what it is