The Damon Thread

Butch

Poseur
this just in an email to me:

Damon Motorcycles

We are extremely excited to announce what we’ve been working on over the past couple of months. Since debuting our flagship Hypersport motorcycle at CES 2020, we’ve had an overwhelming amount of preorders. And the list is growing daily!

Although our Founder’s Edition sold out in just four days, we’re delighted to release a limited number of two new Hypersport Premier editions:
the Arctic Sun and the Midnight Sun.
RESERVE YOURS TODAY
Mission + Alta + Damon =

The Future of Motorcycling
Since the start of 2020, our radical innovations in motorcycling have attracted over $13,000,000 USD in funding and preorders, representing several hundred preorders for the Hypersport Premier and HS models. We have also brought on top talent from the e-supermoto company Alta Motors.

Displayed here is the Mission R that shattered the AMA electric land speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats. This motorcycle also set records at Laguna Seca in 2011, the 1/4 mile drag strip at Sonoma Raceway in 2012, and at the Isle of Man TT Zero race in 2014.
Now, we have acquired the IP portfolio of legacy company Mission Motors, former developer of high-density EV powertrains. This exciting acquisition gives us access to all of Mission Motors’ technology, research, and know-how including:

Mission Motors’ PM200 Electric Motor
Mission Inverter
Skyline Telematics

“The purchase of the Mission Motors IP will add to Damon’s capability to build the highest performance drive trains in motorcycling. Mission Motors was a technical leader and we are happy that some of that competitive DNA has passed into the Damon Hypersport.”

Derek Dorresteyn, COO at Damon Motorcycles
As we enter advanced development and the test validation phase, we're one step closer to building you the motorcycle of the future - today.
Ride On,
The Damon Motorcycles Team

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! So now I know where some of the ex-Alta guys went.

If you add three more R-packs and motors to the SMR, you will have 200 hp, 200 miles of range, and the total weight comparable to something like a Honda CBR600.

The MSRP of $40K looks like a deal breaker at the current time though.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Wow! So now I know where some of the ex-Alta guys went.

If you add three more R-packs and motors to the SMR, you will have 200 hp, 200 miles of range, and the total weight comparable to something like a Honda CBR600.

The MSRP of $40K looks like a deal breaker at the current time though.

If the pack tech was released by BRP then you could have what you just said.....

Find it interesting that there going to use older Mission tech, which has been out of the loop for a few years (Zero has a new powertrain as well). Probably related to costs.

Slayer

this just in an email to me:

Damon Motorcycles

We are extremely excited to announce what we’ve been working on over the past couple of months. Since debuting our flagship Hypersport motorcycle at CES 2020, we’ve had an overwhelming amount of preorders. And the list is growing daily!

Although our Founder’s Edition sold out in just four days, we’re delighted to release a limited number of two new Hypersport Premier editions:
the Arctic Sun and the Midnight Sun.
RESERVE YOURS TODAY
Mission + Alta + Damon =
I thought it was called the Howard?

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Did you ride it? Came from CalMoto.

I had to chance to try one about a year ago. The new 22kw pack and DC fast charge is pretty impressive along with the other tech. The EsseEsse is more neutral riding position compared to the Ego. They got rid of the spoked wheels on the Esse Esse and went to cast which makes sense but it looked so nice. The new Ribelle is also a looker.

The motor, controller and battery packaging is really nicely done compared to the SR/F. Id have to sell my gas bikes and then nicely ask my landlord to drop in a L2 setup :)