The banner that got me in this mess!

snydes

Staff member
Going back to February 2018 before this forum and when Philip and I were casually talking about Altas on Thumpertalk, my wife and I were on our annual escape the Northeast winter dirt bike trip to Florida. This year we were making a stop at a new to us spot in Georgia, Highland Park. At this point I was very interested in the Alta and the recent news of the MXR model and the drop in price just about had me convinced to buy one. I was however trying to talk myself down, determined I’d absolutely have to demo one to be sure it was everything I thought it would be. We pulled up to the main building at Highland Park to register for our stay, the main building was also a motorcycle dealership, KTM World, who was to my surprise also now an Alta dealer. There in front of the building was the big Alta Motors banner and I said to my wife, “oh shit, this is gonna get expensive”. Next day I rode their demo bike and that was all the convincing I needed.

Fast forward to now and my recent KTM World suspension revalve (see Philips post My quest for a perfect Alta Redshift motocross suspension). Through some unexpected events that played out, I was able to obtain their Alta Motors dealer banner and now it’s proudly being displayed in my shop as a reminder of the day that got me hooked on these bikes. Who would have thought?

Anyhow, things seem a little slow around here lately so I hope you all enjoyed my long winded story about a banner, thanks for listening! :cool:

50DDD736-7FFB-4D2D-BA71-27B0C836974E.jpeg

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Nice garage decor!

And things are slow around here because it's summer, and hopefully we're all out riding instead of posting. (I have been busy out in the woods generating lots of new content, to share when the weather keeps me indoors)