The Alta Factory LHRB

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The off-the-shelf hose is KTM P/N 60032063100. It is from the 2014+ KTM Adventure. The length is perfect, it matches the Brembo clutch master cylinder at the top and the Clake rear master cylinder insert at the bottom.

There is just one caveat... it has a 90deg bend near the banjo fitting. Ideally there should be no bend, although a small bend is okay. I put it in a vice and straightened it to only about 45 degree bend. That worked, until I installed it already and then out of curiosity decided to straighten it a bit more. Well, it broke. Cannot straighten it more than 45 degrees.

Other than that the hose is perfect. It even comes with the rubber stress relief piece near the hand cylinder. Costs $65-70 from most KTM parts stores.
I almost forgot to post an update. I bought another hose, straightened it only up to a 45 degree angle, and it is working now. I have had my MXR out a few times, and the LHRB is working okay. It is not quite powerful for routine brake slides, but it works as well as any LHRB that I have tried.

Here is the recipe:
1) Brembo clutch 9mm master cylinder KTM P/N 79202030044 from the 2017 KTM SX-F 250/350
2) Clutch hose KTM P/N 60032063100 from the 2014+ KTM Adventure (must straighten by 45deg at your own risk)
3) Clake slave cylinder adapter SLR – Pedal Master Cylinder Adapter Kit

IMG_20180721_2052345.jpg

WoodsWeapon

I somehow deleted the email with all the specs of length, which fittings and such, but at Speigler it pretty much walks you through the selection process.

Mark911

I can email the IGES file to whoever can print it out. I've got to find it first! I had a hard drive go south on me recently but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the one with that file (I hope).

revoltlution

Keep yer cool, don't get hurt, and never give up!
You remove the stock rear master cylinder cap, carefully place an O-ring in there, then screw in this black insert. Then attach a hydraulic line to the top of it.
Im about to put mine together... Where do you "Carefully place an O-ring in there?" Is the said O-ring provided in that pic? Any help is appreciated!

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Im about to put mine together... Where do you "Carefully place an O-ring in there?" Is the said O-ring provided in that pic? Any help is appreciated!

The o-ring for the Clake insert seats on the bottom of the insert, between the insert and the bottom of the master cylinder. It's easy to pinch the oring because it doesnt fit snug on the insert. I used my finger to center the oring in the reservoir, then threaded the insert in. It made a mess but worked.

revoltlution

The o-ring for the Clake insert seats on the bottom of the insert, between the insert and the bottom of the master cylinder. It's easy to pinch the oring because it doesnt fit snug on the insert. I used my finger to center the oring in the reservoir, then threaded the insert in. It made a mess but worked.
Thanks for the reply... I guess I have to open up the master cylinder and see if I can see what you all are talking about. Do you have a favorite way of bleeding the lines? I was thinking of reverse flood with a syringe at the rear caliper, flowing all the way up to the new LHRB perch reservoir.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a favorite way of bleeding the lines? I was thinking of reverse flood with a syringe at the rear caliper, flowing all the way up to the new LHRB perch reservoir.
Yep, a big syringe with a hose attached to the caliper bleeder screw. I also wrap Teflon tape around the screw threads. Fill everything from the bottom. Rekluse kits come with a syringe, so I had one lying around.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
T

Thanks for the reply... I guess I have to open up the master cylinder and see if I can see what you all are talking about. Do you have a favorite way of bleeding the lines? I was thinking of reverse flood with a syringe at the rear caliper, flowing all the way up to the new LHRB perch reservoir.

Yup, reverse flood from the caliper up to the MC for the final purge. I used the gravity method to fill the line. I also topped off the foot MC before installing the Clake insert. What I found helpful was to pop out the plastic cap thingy inside the hand MC while bleeding/pump the lever. It helps the air bubbles escape. It was tough to fully bleed out, about a two beer job if I recall.

revoltlution

Here's a nice instructional vid from Clake (down yonder) for those that come afterwards :lurker:

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Anybody have the length of the hydraulic hose for the Alta OEM LHRB kit? I have the part number for the Brembo lever and master cylinder, but I don't know the length of the hose. This would be going to the rear caliper, and eliminating the foot brake, per the OEM kit.

1582755673889.png

ayden_kry

Forum's Sponsor
If anyone is interested we do have the brake hose and I will post it on eBay tomorrow and link it in this thread. We don't have any Brembo left hand brake lever and master cylinders though.