Tesla ATV and Cybertruck

Motophyllic

I so badly wanted it to be a cool truck, but I just don’t like it. I’ll see if it grows on me.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I find the appearance of the truck intriguing. It might grow on me once I learn more about their "exoskeleton" and see it in colors other than bare stainless steel. But I am not sure about the peaky roof, this appears to be more for styling rather than aerodynamics or functionality. But if you flatten it, the truck might start looking like the Chevy Aztec, which no-one wants to be reminded of. Ughhh...

Trialsman

I was thinking seriously about it until last night when I saw the unveiling. It is just too ugly. They probably used slab sides because of difficulty stamping the thicker, rolled stainless. It did have some nice ideas, but Elon just didn't sell it well. He looked like he was winging it. Time will tell.

F451

We would have gotten a tongue lashing from Ron Banta, our hs mechanical drawing teacher, if we submitted that lazy design.

Ultratoad

I was also exceedingly disappointed by the styling of the Cybertruck.... I truly thought it was a joke.... Especially after experiencing the artful perfection of the S Model.... But, judging by the thousands of deposits that Tesla has received on this truck in just the last few days--it just proves the validity of an age old adage: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Reserved dual motor as quickly as I could. Stuff like this I've learned to "buy now, ask questions later" since there's 100% refund. I did the same thing for the model 3, which I ultimately decided not to purchase because it didn't suit my lifestyle. I was actually able to sell my model 3 reservation spot since I had an early spot in line and people around here were itching to get the car.

I was shocked at the design of the truck when I watched the reveal live. Since then it's really grown on me. I just kind of wish the truck had a more aerodynamic shape. There's probably a large amount of turbulence right off that sharp roofline at highway speeds as the airflow separates. But besides that, the specs are fantastic. 300+ miles range is plenty for my needs. I hope the onboard power will be able to supply 240V 15A so I can fast charge my Altas without a generator.