Tesla ATV and Cybertruck

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
This is gonna make our futuristic world-class modern dirtbike look... old. We're gonna need some new low-poly plastics :)
Just take all the plastics off, replace the rear fender assembly with some sheet metal duct work, cut at some Sharp angles and it should match up well enough.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Reserved dual motor as quickly as I could. Stuff like this I've learned to "buy now, ask questions later" since there's 100% refund. I did the same thing for the model 3, which I ultimately decided not to purchase because it didn't suit my lifestyle. I was actually able to sell my model 3 reservation spot since I had an early spot in line and people around here were itching to get the car.

I was shocked at the design of the truck when I watched the reveal live. Since then it's really grown on me. I just kind of wish the truck had a more aerodynamic shape. There's probably a large amount of turbulence right off that sharp roofline at highway speeds as the airflow separates. But besides that, the specs are fantastic. 300+ miles range is plenty for my needs. I hope the onboard power will be able to supply 240V 15A so I can fast charge my Altas without a generator.

Did you also reserve a CyberQuad? I think it was a way cooler reveal than the truck. And no windows to break.

This article says it is an option you can get with the Cybertruck:
Tesla's 'Cyberquad' ATV will ship as an add-on for the Cybertruck

1574716364710.png

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Man, i'm both salivating and fuming over the idea that Tesla could have scooped up Alta for cheap and had a Redshift EXR roll onto the bed of the CyberTruck in the demo. Could have been a match made in heaven, so to speak.

No thanks. I think a bunch of us EX Tesla engineers would not be happy to work with Elon again. Also he hates motorcycles.

revoltlution

Keep yer cool, don't get hurt, and never give up!
The ONLY thing interesting (to me) about the cyber-quad is that they spent time miniaturizing a power train (battery/motor/controller).
Maybe, in the future, worst case, we'll be retrofitting this into our dead Alta chassis.'

datadog

The ONLY thing interesting (to me) about the cyber-quad is that they spent time miniaturizing a power train (battery/motor/controller).
Maybe, in the future, worst case, we'll be retrofitting this into our dead Alta chassis.'

It's an option for another vehicle - pretty sure the engineering is probably an afterthought as well. Hope to be wrong.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
The ATV was not an option when you picked out the spec's for the truck. The final "options list" will be available closer to the delivery window, such as solar bed cover, ATV, etc., and whatever else had become available over the next 2-3 years.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
It's an option for another vehicle - pretty sure the engineering is probably an afterthought as well. Hope to be wrong.

What do you mean by it's an option for another vehicle?

Sounds like Tesla is a tough company to work for. I can image that it is.

privateer703

AOF Addict
I wasn't aware that the flat body panels were due to the type of steel they used that is too tough for sheet metal forming tools. I do think it's hilarious that they broke the "unbreakable" windows during their unveiling. Have they released any specs on range, power and towing capacity? Sedans are one thing, but if I have a boat to tow, not sure this thing would make it to the water. I guess if you just want it to off-road then it's probably a good fit.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Have they released any specs on range, power and towing capacity? Sedans are one thing, but if I have a boat to tow, not sure this thing would make it to the water. I guess if you just want it to off-road then it's probably a good fit.

The Tri Motor variant will be able to tow over 14,000 lbs, more than the best fitted F150 3.5 Ecoboost with optional high rear axle ratio.

1574781591833.png

1574781667195.png

1574781504518.png

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
And how far will it tow that load? They may have an impressive range empty, but so does my ice truck, attach my 12000 lb toy hauler and it's cut in half. How practical will the cybertruck be for towing?