Tempted

Motophyllic

This is my lean on flat ground. The kickstand leg is 15” and the height from the ground to the center of the pivot is 11.5”.

9D9E54A7-1988-43EF-AAFD-DC08ECF2ECD2.jpeg

Bionicman

owner of deleted file
Alas I find it funny we are disrespecting an electric bike Alta for a piddly kickstand vs a functional bigger issue 😆

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Depends on the height of the knobbies on the tires, your sag setting, and your fork height. When I set the sag on the EXR for my gf, the bike will fall over on flat ground with the kickstand. If I set the sag for me, the rear end holds up the bike weight much better, and the bike can stand on its own with the kickstand on flat ground.

Bionicman

owner of deleted file
Depends on the height of the knobbies on the tires, your sag setting, and your fork height. When I set the sag on the EXR for my gf, the bike will fall over on flat ground with the kickstand. If I set the sag for me, the rear end holds up the bike weight much better, and the bike can stand on its own with the kickstand on flat ground.
Yeah my sag is nearly as light as possible with OE spring as my usage is chasing a 5 yr old around..
That’s a good point 😉

Bionicman

owner of deleted file
The more I th
Yeah my sag is nearly as light as possible with OE spring as my usage is chasing a 5 yr old around..
That’s a good point 😉
ink about it shock sag settings have minimal effect- my bike under static sag without rider is still too long & does not look like above picture

Motophyllic

My stand angles forward quite a bit. It stands the bike upright if not pushed forward all the way. I wonder if your stand doesn’t go far enough forward.