TCMB371 Video Thread

F451

No kidding! The tires I have on the bike are on their last leg, usually I would have changed them by now but it was a last minute decision to go race this. I was slipping and sliding the first couple turns, and every time i went through a watered section I felt like i was tip toeing lol.

Lol. Me too! I was mentally going "Ok, watch out here, take it easy on that throttle. Ok, now, nail it! Ha ha.

wwmotors

Put a new set of motocross suspension on my EXR and ripped a pro mx track with it. So much fun having a horn on a motocross track :D

http://instagr.am/p/CJ4i0hSgXj8/
I did exactly the same! I took a AER48 as a base fork and rebuilt it with steel springs like on my MXR. The EXR is a completely different bike now! Feels way lighter and more nimble. Next step is a 19inch rear wheel. I think, it will have a better balance with it and less understeer!

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Do you think the EXR with upgraded suspension delivers the same performance as the MXR - Also do you think changing the EXR firmware to MXR is worth the effort

Pretty similar performance, but the EXR is a little heavier with the lights and stuff. I removed the kickstand and taillight housing on my EXR for moto use. The kickstand pushes my left boot outward and makes the bike feel super wide, and the taillight/license plate bracket is too fragile for the roughness of moto (I broke one already, luckily had a spare). Performance wise, the EXR map 4 is very similar to MXR map 4, with slightly more "traction control". EXR maps 1-3 are kind of dangerous for moto as they are configured for low wheel spin, and the rear tire wicks up much slower on the EXR than the MXR. This means the in-air behavior of the MXR is better for moto, and rightfully so. So for that reason i'd recommend putting the MXR firmware on the EXR if you plan to ride a lot of motocross with it.

VINSANITY

Makes sense, have been intending to put the MXR firmware on the EXR so this pushed me over the edge.

FYI - after much experimentation I found an enduro tail light / fender from Baja Designs (universal type) that fits good and actually holds up to motocross - you have drill holes in the fender and bolt it on though.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Pretty similar performance, but the EXR is a little heavier with the lights and stuff. I removed the kickstand and taillight housing on my EXR for moto use. The kickstand pushes my left boot outward and makes the bike feel super wide, and the taillight/license plate bracket is too fragile for the roughness of moto (I broke one already, luckily had a spare). Performance wise, the EXR map 4 is very similar to MXR map 4, with slightly more "traction control". EXR maps 1-3 are kind of dangerous for moto as they are configured for low wheel spin, and the rear tire wicks up much slower on the EXR than the MXR. This means the in-air behavior of the MXR is better for moto, and rightfully so. So for that reason i'd recommend putting the MXR firmware on the EXR if you plan to ride a lot of motocross with it.

Interesting comment about maps 1-3. I have adapted my MXR for trail riding with an 18" rear wheel, fully modified suspension, appropriate tires, crash protection, etc. I have never felt the MXR maps create too much abruptness or wheel spin on the trail, however you have me wondering if the EXR maps would lend any advantage in slick or rooty conditions (which is pretty much every single track trail within 150 miles). :unsure:

And nice horn-tootin' video.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
My MXR is down for input shaft replacement so itll be another two weeks or so until im able to ride it again. Until then ill be shredding my 2004 KX125. So enjoy in the meantime.

synics

I just installed the kickstand on my MXR...ugh I hate it. Sticks out way too far and the thing weighs a ton. I'm a woods rider though, and I really need a kickstand... Is it going to affect my riding that much?

VINSANITY

I’m the same as really need a stand for trail riding. Same as you my boot is constantly rubbing on the stand it’s distracting and uncomfortable. The only good thing is that the stand starts wear down and gets a little less obstructive over time.

Very annoying.

synics

I’m the same as really need a stand for trail riding. Same as you my boot is constantly rubbing on the stand it’s distracting and uncomfortable. The only good thing is that the stand starts wear down and gets a little less obstructive over time.

Very annoying.
I may just end up taking it off and deal with laying the bike on the ground when they are no decent trees around. : ( I thought about grinding it down flatter but I think it's hollow inside. At least the foot pegs are super easy to take off, WAAYYYYYYY easier than my KTM. The ktm ones will make you use every curse word in the book.