Bought SXS skidplate

Hi all, looking for a SXS skidplate please. Anyone?....

Know I can buy new but I would like to see if there is one spare on here first.

Must be willing to ship it to me here in the U.K. please, or if not to a friend in OK.

Thanks!.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I don’t have an extra one, but they are only $164 US new. First thing I bought, and they work flawlessly. Actually, I bought my first one before I even picked up my bike! I’ve given mine plenty of abuse, and it still looks brand new. Looks like it was OEM, and easy to install and remove for all of those oil changes you won’t have to do anymore. Definitely a must have, in my opinion.

Hi. Yes, i know how much they are. And have also read your reviews on it too!. SXS Skidplate/Slideplate

But sxslideplate.com do not offer shipping to the U.K. and even if they did it would be so expensive with taxes and VAT on top from a business seller from the U.S. to the U.K. Its easier for me to try and buy one from a guy here and have it sent over using a basic shipping method with the correct boxes ticked for import and duty taxes this end ;)

Like everything else for something American made, the shipping and import/duty just makes things difficult and bloody expensive!, so your left to try and find bits as and when they come up and hope that you have a friend in the U.S. that will help you out!. The eBay "Global shipping program" is also a joke.

I also own a Trail-Lite RV, and a Blown' Schiada 21RC so i know only too well about the hassle of buying bits & owning something American and trying not to pay through the nose.

...I was born in the wrong country!.

Hopefully one will come up soon, as i would rather have one on for the first ride out than not. Also need a complete LHRB kit. I can put the kit together over here and have a brake line made up if i can get an idea on how long exactly the pipe needs to be. Again, reading on the forum has helped me no end in what bits i need.

:)

Bloak

. Also need a complete LHRB kit. I can put the kit together over here and have a brake line made up if i can get an idea on how long exactly the pipe needs to be.

OEM length 67", from connection at reservoir to elbow of banjo connection

You could also run a flexible line or rope through a route you want to use and then measure it's point A to point B

Reactions: #76

snydes

Staff member
Hi. Yes, i know how much they are. And have also read your reviews on it too!. SXS Skidplate/Slideplate

But sxslideplate.com do not offer shipping to the U.K. and even if they did it would be so expensive with taxes and VAT on top from a business seller from the U.S. to the U.K. Its easier for me to try and buy one from a guy here and have it sent over using a basic shipping method with the correct boxes ticked for import and duty taxes this end ;)

If you can’t find one used and need a middle man for the new one I should be able to help you out.

Top Bottom