SUR-RON MX

djrukawa

Google translate says:
"I think this is a competitor for Freeride E, not Alta."
It cannot be understood one-sidedly that Surron will compete with Freeride E or ALTA.
SUR RON is only designing and producing new products according to its own plan. I believe we will see more exciting products in the future.

Mikec265

Are the wheels and hubs holding up to abuse on these? I keep getting more temped to get one for a pitbike. That video was impressive.

enjoythesilenc

I'm still holding out for the right alta to come along but in the meantime I picked up a Sur ROn. This thing is crazy. Way more punch than I expected as it will loft the front at anything below 15mph. Through the trees, I'm gripping it with my knees as hard as possible to keep on top of it. I bought it to ride on my own farm so my trail is very tight, 10 mph type stuff.

Its tempting to ride it without the proper gear but I need to find some boots and knee protection that wont tear the hell out of the exposed frame and swingarm. Any suggestions?

Potatonet

Just zip tie some pillows onto yourself and make a video of the first ride, very much click worthy if there is a jump or two.

Little pillows for the knees and elbows, big one for the butt and chest, obligatory pillow as helmet over farm wide brim hat.

Maybe hay bails if pillows are hard to come by? grass bundles? Tiki rider?

Farm life

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I'm still holding out for the right alta to come along but in the meantime I picked up a Sur ROn. This thing is crazy. Way more punch than I expected as it will loft the front at anything below 15mph. Through the trees, I'm gripping it with my knees as hard as possible to keep on top of it. I bought it to ride on my own farm so my trail is very tight, 10 mph type stuff.

Its tempting to ride it without the proper gear but I need to find some boots and knee protection that wont tear the hell out of the exposed frame and swingarm. Any suggestions?

Never under-estimate the power of bubble-wrap.

1568051952430.png

enjoythesilenc

20191008_092319_resized.jpg

I couldn't leave mine well enough alone. This thing is a single track scalpel. I added a CRF front end, a proper moto tire for the rear and a 71 tooth sprocket off a Zero bike. Proper frankenbike now but my friends say it looks like I'm riding a "clown bike" so maybe the bubblewrap suit would be appropriate.

VINSANITY

View attachment 3947

I couldn't leave mine well enough alone. This thing is a single track scalpel. I added a CRF front end, a proper moto tire for the rear and a 71 tooth sprocket off a Zero bike. Proper frankenbike now but my friends say it looks like I'm riding a "clown bike" so maybe the bubblewrap suit would be appropriate.

What CRF front end did you use - a 150 or a 250? Any advice in how to install it

enjoythesilenc

The front end is off a 150r big wheel so its still a 19 inch front. I had to buy some metric tubing and turn it a little on the lathe to adapt the crf steering stem to the surron steering bearings. I had to buy 10 feet of the tubing and only used 6 inches so I have plenty to share;)

The front end is much heavier which actually works out for me as it makes it feel quite planted. With stock gearing, lofting the wheel was negatively impacted. Switching to a 61 rear sprocket fixed that issue and now with a 71 back there, its a wheelie monster.

enjoythesilenc

Oruxmap app said 22 mph, generic gps speedometer app on the same samsung said 29 mph top speed so I dont know.

Oruxmaps said my last ride average was 12 mph with vMax of 26 mph so the huge sprocket might still be ok. I went to 71 because I was full throttle on some steep climbs and had to bypass some others where I feared stalling out on the hill.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Oruxmap app said 22 mph, generic gps speedometer app on the same samsung said 29 mph top speed so I dont know.

Oruxmaps said my last ride average was 12 mph with vMax of 26 mph so the huge sprocket might still be ok. I went to 71 because I was full throttle on some steep climbs and had to bypass some others where I feared stalling out on the hill.
22MPH is probably really accurate speed. With a 60T sprocket, all I saw was 27MPH GPS confirmed.