SUR-RON MX

aremean79

I am thinking of buying this bike for the woods/trails.
I've been looking at YouTube videos and it seems like its a dirt worthy bike and its really cheap too; its a cross between a dirtbike and a downhill mtb.

A few great features of the bike;
- the battery pack is easily removable/replaceable,
- Luna Cycle sells a supermoto complete wheelset kit at $350
- attachable paddles
- 50kg!
- motorcycle chain and tires (easy to replace)
- downhill bike brakes and suspensions (easy to upgrade/replace)

What do you guys think?

Sur-Ron MX

sur-ron mx.jpg

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I got one of these for my wife, for the money it's good fun.
Power wise, it feels about like a 110cc trail bike.
Weight Wise, it's light, easy to pick up and carry over obstacles.
My only real criticism is the seat... It's not really comfortable. But that can be changed. Also, it needs fenders, the front is an easy fix, still working on finding something that works for the rear though.

It's a great little trail bike, but I think it might be challenged to be any kind of MX machine for someone who weighs more than 75lbs.
And if you are strong enough to make use of the pedal kit for this, you will quickly create a bicycle shaped pretzel. My advice is skip the pedal idea.

S300

Bought one for my wife last summer. She loves it. Make sure you get one with the new X controller, it has more power and runs much quieter.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Bought one for my wife last summer. She loves it. Make sure you get one with the new X controller, it has more power and runs much quieter.
Mine is the older model, prior to the x controller and it's still plenty of fun. While better is the enemy of good, either model will be lots of fun and I would not hesitate to purchase an older model if the price was reasonable.

S300

The controllers can be changed too. When we bought ours the only version available came with the standard controller. When the X controllers became avail I swapped them out. My wife just reminded me that the X controller fixed the snatchy throttle problem the original one had. They are super fun bikes. Only real improvement I can think of would to be to add fenders.

Larry Wolfe

What is the range?
Looks like fun.

I am thinking of buying this bike for the woods/trails.
I've been looking at YouTube videos and it seems like its a dirt worthy bike and its really cheap too; its a cross between a dirtbike and a downhill mtb.

A few great features of the bike;
- the battery pack is easily removable/replaceable,
- Luna Cycle sells a supermoto complete wheelset kit at $350
- attachable paddles
- 50kg!
- motorcycle chain and tires (easy to replace)
- downhill bike brakes and suspensions (easy to upgrade/replace)

What do you guys think?

Sur-Ron MX

View attachment 2818

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
What is the range?
Looks like fun.
Yep, it's fun, in a riding a slow bike fast kind of way. As to range, it seems to be capable of mid 40s, but mine is primarily my wife's, and she never rides long enough to burn a full charge in a day so this is extrapolated from how far we have ridden and remaining charge level.

Mikec265

I wonder what it would take to modify a used KX65 with Sur-Ron parts. I see Luna Cycles has most parts for sale. How waterproof are the components and connections. I don't think the Sur-Ron battery would work.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
The components and connections are splash resistant, enough to ride in a muddy pasture and withstand a hosedown afterwards without issue, but I don't think good enough to tolerate a serious water crossing.
Power wise, I think it would compare fairly close to a KX65, in reasonably stock form anyhow. Making it fit in the frame and ridable would be a task for a talented fabricator. But if someone did it, it would be cool to see.

aremean79

Wouldnt it be a bad idea to have that power plant in a heavier frame/roller?

I am thinking the Sur-Ron would be able to do whatever the KX65 is capable off given the same power plant.

F451

Wouldnt it be a bad idea to have that power plant in a heavier frame/roller?

I am thinking the Sur-Ron would be able to do whatever the KX65 is capable off given the same power plant.

That's what I'm thinking, no sense in this combo. Unless you happen to have a decent shape KX65 laying around AND you're a very capable fabricator. Or you're good friends with one, Lol. Would be a fun project though.

Sumik

I was just pondering ideas. My kid just moved up from a XR50 to a KX65. There's just nothing I know of sized close to a 65.
Then try this one: RevX | | EmotionBikes CZ/SK
The performance and the weight!! should be very similar to the KX65. The complete development has been in Czech. I'm just not sure if they already started the serial production. They told me that you can have it on smaller wheels as well.
The sites are in Czech but you can download the English catalogue: http://emotionbikes.cz/download/RevX-Catalog-EN.pdf

DSC_1821.JPG

aremean79

Then try this one: RevX | | EmotionBikes CZ/SK
The performance and the weight!! should be very similar to the KX65. The complete development has been in Czech. I'm just not sure if they already started the serial production. They told me that you can have it on smaller wheels as well.
The sites are in Czech but you can download the English catalogue: http://emotionbikes.cz/download/RevX-Catalog-EN.pdf

View attachment 2874

Base Price is EURO$8000. Thats USD$9000.