Sur-Ron Boom Bee (Storm Bee) electric motorcycle spy photo's soon released

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
The specs claims it has a rear "Adjustable Mono Air Absorber" , but it's clearly a coil spring. The front is listed as "Adjustable Up-Side-Down Absorber (φ47mm, Stroke 290mm)". I'm willing to bet they are just chinese knockoff components.

schwankl

from the article:
the Alta motors owners of Redshift electric motorcycle were not impressed.

of course, why would we be ... basically 50% alta's power with 80% of its battery ... improvement from their e-moped/mountain-bike light bee, and probably good for small people or leaning. 250cc bikes are 40-50hp ; 22kw is 30hp

from the article:
22 Kw of power from 4.6 Kw/h battery ( SONY VTC 6 cells )! 150V capable Sine Wave Controller ( using only 96v )

any info on price?

schwankl

just saw the weight on the storm bee: only 5lb lighter (260lb) on the bare/mx version compared to a MXR (265lb) ... ya, definitely not impressed by that combined with 50% less power. 98% weight, 50% power compared to MXR - lame.

teddyquinn

"SUR-RON revealed new STORM BEE dirt-bike lineup on CIMA 2019": SUR-RON STORM BEE MX and Homologated Version Revealed!

I wonder if the wheels, suspension and brakes, etc are "standard" moto bits like WP, Brembo, Nissan, etc, or if they are clones, or worse yet completely original/proprietary.

Wonder if there was any knowledge / component sharing with these two Chinese moto manufacturers: CX Motorcycle – Built To Last & https://dirtbikemagazine.com/2019-gpx-moto-tse250r-chinese-built-2-stroke-two-stroke-tuesday/

privateer703

AOF Addict
I hate to say it, but I'm weary of anything made in China. It may look good, but it always comes down to materials with Chinese products. I don't know how many times I've seen stainless steel advertised on Chinese stuff and it turns out to be plated crap. And usually poorly plated. But I'll let the pro's review it and tell me.

Oded

I remember the Fastace shock on my 2014 Zero FX..
Can not be compared to the high end brands.