Storm Bee

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Are they serious it will have ABS brakes? Wow. That would be the first-ever ABS on a motocross bike. But most likely it is a typical uneducated journo talk.

Mikec265

I think 30 hp is enough considering hard core riders/racers are not going to be the ones buying it. I don't think it's aimed at the same guys who bought MXRs.

F451

I was wondering too, but they are landing the front end angled to match the slopes more or less, and doing it consistently, so perhaps doing it on purpose?

Btw, my MXR feels front heavy to me, was commented on by a friend who test rode it too.

Brent421

I was wondering too, but they are landing the front end angled to match the slopes more or less, and doing it consistently, so perhaps doing it on purpose?

Btw, my MXR feels front heavy to me, was commented on by a friend who test rode it too.
I think it looks a lot heavier than our Alta’s. I agree that the Alta’s are a little more front end heavy than our conventional bikes, but dropping the forks in the clamps a bit, and adding some air to them helped balance mine out. That Sur Ron just looks like a slow heavy brick with horrible suspension to me. But hey, at least they’re helping with the push of electric dirt bikes which is a good thing.

bayodome

A good rider can make any bike look fast and a novice rider can make any bike look slow or clunky. I think we're looking a little more at the latter in this vid. Get a decent rider on a real MX track and I think the Storm Bee will be a fun and capable bike. Josh Hill would ride the wheels off of this thing.

Yes, it seems a little under sprung, but that is easily remedied and I won't knock the Fastace suspension until I've tried it myself or get some feedback from someone I trust. My interest in this bike is strictly for motocross, and while I doubt it will be a good race bike, as a fun playbike it looks like it will do trick.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
It's looking like this might make a decent play bike, good for poking around in the woods, maybe even a good camping companion.

I think too many of us are looking at this machine with an eye for competition, and using the Alta as a benchmark that it will never meet.