Stock wheel spacers front

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Anyone have the specs for the wheel spacers, in case we wanted to make our own? ID/OD and width?

The dimensions were posted by @rayivers almost a year ago when we discovered that Warp9 could not provide the front spacers. Here is a link to that post:

Front Axle Spacer Thread

and here is the figure:

mxr-f-axle-spacer-collar-aer-fork-jpg.2486

snydes

Staff member
We wanted to get a batch made and then hard anodized, which is what would make them actually last. Hasn't happened yet obviously.

VINSANITY

I am trying to install a front brake caliper guard and to do that I need to machine a custom front wheel spacer - basically need to have a slightly smaller diameter on outboard side nearest to the disc.

Can anybody do this custom machine job.

Thanks

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I am trying to install a front brake caliper guard and to do that I need to machine a custom front wheel spacer - basically need to have a slightly smaller diameter on outboard side nearest to the disc.

Can anybody do this custom machine job.

Thanks
If you can modify the stock spacer, you can google any local machine shop and pay them for 30 minutes of their time. This is probably the easiest thing to do.

synics

Does anyone have an extra front stock wheel spacer or know of where I can get one? I lost mine tonight while changing the wheel, searched the garage for 2 hours and I can't find it!!!! Nothing online either! Damn Alta for making everything so customized!

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Does anyone have an extra front stock wheel spacer or know of where I can get one? I lost mine tonight while changing the wheel, searched the garage for 2 hours and I can't find it!!!! Nothing online either! Damn Alta for making everything so customized!

Call Warp 9. They might have them still.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
You've got the MXR, right? You only lost one of the two?

I "think" the stock spacers from KTM 2016-2020 450 SXF should fit okay. Make sure you get the 22mm ones. You can compare to the one you have left or the drawing above. Worth a shot, anyway.

Something like this is only $13 for a pair, so you don't have a lot to lose.

synics

Thanks for your response as guys. However right after I posted this last night it hit me like a bolt of lightning that I never checked the mount rod on the tire stand and of course that's where it was! Massive relief. Can't wait to rip it today on fresh MX33s.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Thanks for your response as guys. However right after I posted this last night it hit me like a bolt of lightning that I never checked the mount rod on the tire stand and of course that's where it was! Massive relief. Can't wait to rip it today on fresh MX33s.
Congrats on finding your spacer. I'm sure it is a load off of your mind.

Maybe we should turn this thread into a list of places that your wheel spacers might be, just in case future generations face this same trauma. I'll start with some of the places I've found them or suspected them to be:

- On front fender.
- On bike stand.
- On the seat next to wrenches.
- In the hand opposite of my phone, which I'm using as a flashlight to look for the spacer.
- On front axle, where I put it so I wouldn't lose it, but forgot that I put it there for its own safety.
- In dishwasher, where my wife found it and angrily asked why it was there. (NOTE: "Because it was dirty" was not the correct answer.)
- Next to all of the 10mm sockets and missing left socks. Basically, the inter-dimensional space that everything with the word "sock" or "space" in it goes to for a timeout when they are feeling ignored, stressed, or moody.
- In the dryer. Because it might have been in the pocket of the last pair of pants you were wearing. (It will inexplicably be inside of a sock; A sock without a mate.)
- Somewhere within 30 feet of where the bike is. It might be on the floor, a random shelf, or maybe a rafter. Gravity is a fickle beast.
- Somewhere in the truck. Because you took the wheel to get a new tire at the moto shop, and you couldn't get the damned spacer out with a pair of vice-grips and a slide-hammer, but it somehow fell out on its own.
- At the moto shop. For sale. For $50. Because Mike the mechanic found it and thinks he's some kind of entrepreneur, and chances are 100% that somebody lost a spacer today.
- Somewhere between my garage and the moto shop, because sometimes spacers jump out of the car when they realize they are going to the vet.
- On my head, next to the pair of glasses I've also been looking for so I can see to find the spacer.
- On the wheel where it should be, but I forgot what they looked like and thought it was part of the wheel and that thing couldn't possibly be the spacer.
- On the workbench, in the Ziploc baggie, labelled "Alta spacer - front - left" with the big sign pointing to the bag with an arrow that says, "Spacer is here, Dumbass!" because I know I'm a dumbass that will forget where the spacer is. (And the wind will blow the sign away and the spacer will inexplicably fall behind the workbench for no reason.)
- Check behind the workbench. Because gravity and the second law of thermodynamics.

F451

My gold wedding band disappeared into the ether last year when I was changing the rear tire/tube on my Husky. Didn't realize it until I had completed the task and was washing up in the kitchen sink. I thought for sure it was in the scary garbage disposal grinder finger eater thing in the sink. Nope.

So then I searched EVERYWHERE outside where I was working. Including in and around every nook and cranny on the bike. Nope. What the hail?!

But I knew in my heart of hearts the damn thing was in the newly mounted back tire. Arghh.

Took the rear tire off. Nope. Double what the hail!!

Never found the damn thing. Still keeping my eyes open when I'm working on the bike or doing anything in the garage or outside where I was working.

Its driving me insane, Lol.

synics

Congrats on finding your spacer. I'm sure it is a load off of your mind.

Maybe we should turn this thread into a list of places that your wheel spacers might be, just in case future generations face this same trauma. I'll start with some of the places I've found them or suspected them to be:

- On front fender.
- On bike stand.
- On the seat next to wrenches.
- In the hand opposite of my phone, which I'm using as a flashlight to look for the spacer.
- On front axle, where I put it so I wouldn't lose it, but forgot that I put it there for its own safety.
- In dishwasher, where my wife found it and angrily asked why it was there. (NOTE: "Because it was dirty" was not the correct answer.)
- Next to all of the 10mm sockets and missing left socks. Basically, the inter-dimensional space that everything with the word "sock" or "space" in it goes to for a timeout when they are feeling ignored, stressed, or moody.
- In the dryer. Because it might have been in the pocket of the last pair of pants you were wearing. (It will inexplicably be inside of a sock; A sock without a mate.)
- Somewhere within 30 feet of where the bike is. It might be on the floor, a random shelf, or maybe a rafter. Gravity is a fickle beast.
- Somewhere in the truck. Because you took the wheel to get a new tire at the moto shop, and you couldn't get the damned spacer out with a pair of vice-grips and a slide-hammer, but it somehow fell out on its own.
- At the moto shop. For sale. For $50. Because Mike the mechanic found it and thinks he's some kind of entrepreneur, and chances are 100% that somebody lost a spacer today.
- Somewhere between my garage and the moto shop, because sometimes spacers jump out of the car when they realize they are going to the vet.
- On my head, next to the pair of glasses I've also been looking for so I can see to find the spacer.
- On the wheel where it should be, but I forgot what they looked like and thought it was part of the wheel and that thing couldn't possibly be the spacer.
- On the workbench, in the Ziploc baggie, labelled "Alta spacer - front - left" with the big sign pointing to the bag with an arrow that says, "Spacer is here, Dumbass!" because I know I'm a dumbass that will forget where the spacer is. (And the wind will blow the sign away and the spacer will inexplicably fall behind the workbench for no reason.)
- Check behind the workbench. Because gravity and the second law of thermodynamics.
that's hilarious dude, hahaha

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
My gold wedding band disappeared into the ether last year when I was changing the rear tire/tube on my Husky. Didn't realize it until I had completed the task and was washing up in the kitchen sink. I thought for sure it was in the scary garbage disposal grinder finger eater thing in the sink. Nope.

So then I searched EVERYWHERE outside where I was working. Including in and around every nook and cranny on the bike. Nope. What the hail?!

But I knew in my heart of hearts the damn thing was in the newly mounted back tire. Arghh.

Took the rear tire off. Nope. Double what the hail!!

Never found the damn thing. Still keeping my eyes open when I'm working on the bike or doing anything in the garage or outside where I was working.

Its driving me insane, Lol.
Is this it? Found it in a cave a while back. Kinda weird, makes you feel a bit tingly. The good news is my wife pretty much ignores me and lets me work on my dirt bikes when I wear it. Didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me... it's grown quite... precious... Never mind, I'm keeping it.

1676161251461.png