Stealthy generator strategies

enjoythesilenc

I have a camping ride coming up. I'm the notorius early adopter/circus bike rider in my group. we are moving camp each night and are on a tight schedule.

i'd like to ride the Alta if I can do it without being the "asshat with the generator and prius-bike" My strategy is to bring a spare battery and the little 2000 watt 'champion inverter' generator I just bought. One thought is to charge one battery while I ride the other.

Is there any risk of damage to charger or bike if generator runs out of gas during a charge session? I figure I can control how long the generator runs unattended by the amount of gas I pour into the tank...

snydes

Staff member
Is there any risk of damage to charger or bike if generator runs out of gas during a charge session? I figure I can control how long the generator runs unattended by the amount of gas I pour into the tank...

In my experience, whenever power is interrupted during charging the system would just display an error such as “stopped 103”. It would seem as soon as it detects inadequate voltage it cancels the charging process.