Want to buy standard (3 prong) 110 volt charger

Talos

I am in need of a standard 110 volt Alta Charger, I will pay for shipping. I can do paypal/venmo whatever works for you.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Do you just need a second charger, or do you want an adapter to use your Rapid charger on 110v? The adapters are really easy to make.

Talos

I wanted a standard charger so I could take it apart and convert it into a portable charger that could fit in my backpack when I commute. Do you know if the charger is comprised of off the shelf parts? If so I could buy everything I need and construct the portable charger myself. I do CAD/3D printing for a living so that wouldnt be a problem.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
I wanted a standard charger so I could take it apart and convert it into a portable charger that could fit in my backpack when I commute. Do you know if the charger is comprised of off the shelf parts? If so I could buy everything I need and construct the portable charger myself. I do CAD/3D printing for a living so that wouldnt be a problem.

The consensus is that the chargers have proprietary FW from Alta installed on them. A standard charger will not be able to communicate with the bike, therefore off the shelf parts won't likely work either.

Talos

Is there any way to purchase a "new" charger from a business online? Even though Alta doesn't exist maybe someone bought all of their inventory? If not C5Tor mentioned being able to make an adapter for the rapid charger. Is there a guide for that? Thanks!

F451

Is there any way to purchase a "new" charger from a business online? Even though Alta doesn't exist maybe someone bought all of their inventory? If not C5Tor mentioned being able to make an adapter for the rapid charger. Is there a guide for that? Thanks!

Try Liquid Performance if you can't find one out there. They have a bunch of Alta inventory that they are sorting through and will be offering for sale soon from what I understand. They have a few items on ebay now:

Items for sale by liquid_performance | eBay

I believe they are site sponsors here also.

@ayden_kry, are you affiliated with Liquid Performance?

ayden_kry

Forum's Sponsor
Yeah I can take a look at what we have. Do you have a part number for it? I believe I know what you're looking for but want to reference part numbers to make sure.

ayden_kry

Forum's Sponsor
I wasn't able to find anything matching that part number or description in our inventory. I found some extension cords that many have been used to make the chargers though. Part # 7703495-00. I'm not sure if this could be helpful at all. 59042721507__30FE943B-DCD6-4213-A2EC-B7F246750444.jpg

bluefxstc

Never worked through the issues, but the standard charger is based on the Elcon PFC 2500 with a CAN bus interface. I believe there is another board in the charger that controls the fan and such, but probably not necessary for the charger operations. I briefly looked for the plug, to plug it into the bike and this is probably the biggest issue, but @Rashid510 said someone posted the part number so maybe not a big problem. I took the part number from my plug and found lots of options so it would just take some research to find the right one. My standard charger works, so not a lot of incentive to taking it further at the time, sorry.

I work with Elcon on electric vehicle conversions and they told me the Alta standard charger is an PFC 2500 312V 7A charger programmed for CAN bus with different sheet metal.

I also believe that if you have a not working standard charger Elcon will replace the guts for you so that may be an option.

Top Bottom