spare throttle assembly

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
I ordered a spare throttle assembly from the dealer - we will see if I get it....

does anyone have supplier information ?
is it one of many proprietary parts that is required for these bikes to run?
has anyone been inside one that can say if there is anything special going on inside?
assume its critical for the ACM operation?

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
The throttle is just a hirschmann e-throttle, however the plug is different. Youll need to snip off the Alta connector from the throttle on your bike and solder it on to the hirschmann supplied throttle. I haven't tried this but in theory it should work.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Haha my dealer called me back & basically told me ‘packsand’ Alta is no longer in business

privateer703

AOF Addict
But it's possible Hirschmann used the same potentiometer (I assume it's a pot) and just moved the throttle stops. In which case it should work fine, just takes more twist to do the same thing. I guess someone would have to buy one to check since we don't have specs on either of them.

datadog

But it's possible Hirschmann used the same potentiometer (I assume it's a pot) and just moved the throttle stops. In which case it should work fine, just takes more twist to do the same thing. I guess someone would have to buy one to check since we don't have specs on either of them.

Just changing the stop would mean the range of voltage would change and you would not have 100% throttle. It does not use a pot, It has two Hall effect sensors in it. The firmware provides for correct behavior. If you were to buy one, you would need to specify that it was for the Alta.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Just changing the stop would mean the range of voltage would change and you would not have 100% throttle. It does not use a pot, It has two Hall effect sensors in it. The firmware provides for correct behavior. If you were to buy one, you would need to specify that it was for the Alta.

thus the question that follows is -- a rider is able to adapt to rotation discrepancies but will the bike(firmware) (have issues if a rotational differing throttle is used??
secondly will a dealer laptop be needed if this part is changed?

datadog

thus the question that follows is -- a rider is able to adapt to rotation discrepancies but will the bike(firmware) (have issues if a rotational differing throttle is used??
secondly will a dealer laptop be needed if this part is changed?

First of all, the 80 degree throttle is not very good for a dirt bike. Lots of regripping, simply too much rotation. It was tested early on but proved to be hard to use.

I'm not sure about the response the inverter will have to a different throttle config. Haven't tried it. Therefore I can't recommend it. If you use the same throttle part, it should simply plug and play, no laptop needed.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I may be worth us trying to get in contact with Hirschmann directly and inquiring about the sale of Alta specific throttle assemblies. I don't think it will be too much of an issue for them.

I personally have my original throttle assembly and a spare (from my last ditch parts order). Unless you destroy the tube in a bad crash, you shouldn't have many issues with it.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
First of all, the 80 degree throttle is not very good for a dirt bike. Lots of regripping, simply too much rotation. It was tested early on but proved to be hard to use.

I'm not sure about the response the inverter will have to a different throttle config. Haven't tried it. Therefore I can't recommend it. If you use the same throttle part, it should simply plug and play, no laptop needed.
Thank You for the feedback!