Someone in Europe, who has a ALTA SM? Chargingissue!

wwmotors

Hi WWmotors,
I’m having problems with my SM in the US constantly having a ground fault stating “ AC ground not detected”. Does anybody on the forums have any idea how to remedy this problem? I bought the bike used with 400 miles approximately and it would intermittently have this issue. Now at 800 miles it is unable to charge and the battery is critically low. Anybody please help!
Hello Silenthorse, i never had a groundissue, only voltage out of range. Did You try an update? Sounds like the MXR error 103 problem to me!?

wwmotors

I tried 220 to 240 Volt (descrition above) and 120V. Only 120V did work with an inverter, because Germany has 240Volt net! I have to turn around sometimes the plug, because it works only in one direction.

A friend who’s an electrical engineer said the “A/C ground not detected” issue may be solved by watering your homes grounding rod or if your home is grounded through the foundation to add a 6 foot copper grounding rod and water it at dry times of the year. Anyone concur?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
A friend who’s an electrical engineer said the “A/C ground not detected” issue may be solved by watering your homes grounding rod or if your home is grounded through the foundation to add a 6 foot copper grounding rod and water it at dry times of the year. Anyone concur?
Sounds weird, but it totally makes sense.

I am not a safety expert, so I am wondering if urinating onto the grounding rod with potent electrolyte solutions would make it work even better?