SM wheels and brakes on a non-SM

SRL

Ok, will do, since the 4 pot caliper is going to take a few weeks to get here from china, I also ordered a 450sxf front brake caliper locally that Im going to try to make a radial to flat adapter for, if it will fit in between the radial mounts

Ross Shafer

Hi Mark,

I'm in Petaluma and have a spare front brake caliper and master (plumbed and ready to bolt on) from an MXR that you're welcome to borrow if its helpful. Excited to see you're in the Alta club now!

SRL

Hi Ross, the one I ordered is coming tomorrow so Ill be ok. Thx for the offer! Maybe go for a ride after I get the wheels sorted out? Lots of local trails...

Butch

Poseur
Help? I am confused.
I am gonna put SM wheels (B Frank’s?) on my EX.
To address the front rotor caliper issue can I just put on an EX rotor? What is the simplest way to fit the wheel? If the spacer/ bracket is the best way, where do I find it?

You guys rock.

standbyu

Here ya go Butch. Had a SM wheel sitting here and intalled it on a 18 MXR this morning to see if what you are doing would work. I used the MXR axle and spacers. Bolts right on and centered. The disc flange offset is the same depth. Bolt patternis the same at 2 13/16" centers on six so the discs should swap back and forth. See pics. Now I'm going back in the shop to put the MXR back together.
IMG_20220228_064442389.jpgIMG_20220228_064451808.jpgIMG_20220228_064507212.jpg