Singapore Motocross Round 1 on ALTA MXR

aremean79

Some action shots from the weekend's race!
2 motos, 2 holeshot, 2 moto wins. Led from the start.
Awesome bike! Best handling bike by far and very well suspended. I started in map 4 and raced in map 3. Power delivery was awesome and it feels light once in motion (it is a heavy bike to load and unload)

20190501_181718.jpg

20190501_181757.jpg

FB_IMG_1556703172431.jpg

FB_IMG_1556703169052.jpg

FB_IMG_1556703093651.jpg

FB_IMG_1556703113662.jpg

aremean79

Awesome! I see you went ahead with the KTM fender/number plate conversion. Good choice!
Yeah... on practice day, it was muddy and the front fender was wagging ferociously! Hahahaha
It almost felt like it was gonna snap!

Didnt have a white KTM fender so I went with the orange spare that I have lying around as it was a last minute thing.

doublegunner

Some action shots from the weekend's race!
2 motos, 2 holeshot, 2 moto wins. Led from the start.
Awesome bike! Best handling bike by far and very well suspended. I started in map 4 and raced in map 3. Power delivery was awesome and it feels light once in motion (it is a heavy bike to load and unload)

View attachment 2970

View attachment 2971

View attachment 2972

View attachment 2973

View attachment 2974

View attachment 2975
How was it switching back and forth between the future and the past? Nice crisp pics! A holeshot beast no doubt!

aremean79

How was it switching back and forth between the future and the past? Nice crisp pics! A holeshot beast no doubt!
It was surprisingly easy. I didnt have any problems switching between the bikes. I did however had my heart skipped a few beats every time I took the jumps on the Alta!
Scary as hell the first couple of time cos I kept thinking my engine stalled... (what engine? IKR... LOL)

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I did however had my heart skipped a few beats every time I took the jumps on the Alta!
Scary as hell the first couple of time cos I kept thinking my engine stalled... (what engine? IKR... LOL)
Over time jumping the Alta starts to feel safer than jumping gas bikes. No chance of being in a wrong gear, hitting a neutral, or stalling the engine. Also, on the Alta you can pull the nose up with the throttle much more effectively than on gas bikes, preventing the endos that would have been unavoidable on gas bikes.

aremean79

Over time jumping the Alta starts to feel safer than jumping gas bikes. No chance of being in a wrong gear, hitting a neutral, or stalling the engine. Also, on the Alta you can pull the nose up with the throttle much more effectively than on gas bikes, preventing the endos that would have been unavoidable on gas bikes.
for sure! I am looking for my 2nd Alta MXR now... I am loving it, now I just hope Alta as a company will be revived! ICE bikes feels so ancient now.