Signed up for Endurocross

gprix1

I'll be racing two Endurocross classes with the Alta 8/25 in Prescott Valley. I've never done anything like this so I'll be happy just to make the night show in 30+Vet and/or AMRA Club class.
Time to start getting back into race shape!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet! We will be cheering for you.

Do they show the vet classes on TV or later on the internet/Youtube?

I have added your name to the Countdown Timer on the main page. You have 24 days, 19 hours, and 45 minutes to get in shape and master endurocross!

gprix1

Well, I was training on my trials bike today, lost the front on a loose, downhill and the bar-end hit the top of my left foot real hard leaving it bruised and swollen. I’ve got it elevated now, ice and ibuprofen. We’ll see how it looks tomorrow. Hopefully nothing is broken.

gprix1

Long story short, I wasn't able to race.
One of the kids got me sick over the weekend and by Tuesday night I was on the couch with a fever. Friday morning it finally broke but by then I had called to withdraw my entry since I was in no shape to even attempt the race. Instead I spectated in the box seats right next to the camera team. I wanted to update you guys during the week what was going on but was holding out hope it would somehow work out.

On a positive note, I spoke directly with the engineers supporting the team and they said they are following this forum closely. They are working to try and make code changes that we are asking for and we should see some really cool things coming up in the near future.
Also, it was awesome to see Ty Tremaine racing the Alta in Endurocross. I think after ironing out some suspension issues in the practice sessions they ended up putting down pretty solid first outing and will only be getting better as the season goes on.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Kids can be re dangerous, that's for sure. Glad you were able to watch it. How did Ty look?

And are you going to race next month then? Edit: Oh, my bad. You've entered two classes for Round 1, not too Rounds.

You know, you could drive over to Costa Mesa, CA as well. ;)

gprix1

Kids can be re dangerous, that's for sure. Glad you were able to watch it. How did Ty look?

And are you going to race next month then? Edit: Oh, my bad. You've entered two classes for Round 1, not too Rounds.

You know, you could drive over to Costa Mesa, CA as well. ;)

I won't be doing any of the other rounds on this years schedule but will definitely try again next year and be much better prepared as well.
I'll be racing AZ Sprint Enduro series (AMRA) this year and plan to use the Alta for a couple of the rounds where I'll have time to get to the pits between loops to top-off a bit. Normally, I finish those races long before the time limit so I'll just push it closer to the max time but that's for another update ;)