Shipping alta overseas

kenweld

Hey Peoples,

Could anyone on here help me out in regards to shipping an alta overseas (to Australia)? If so, was there safety issues with the battery? Did it need to be removed from bike and sent separately? Im planning of shipping it in a sea container so not sure if the safety issues apply as much.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken

wwmotors

Hello Kenweld, i shipped 15 bikes from USA to Europe per Container. I left the battery and all plugs in the bike. Charged it to 50%. There are no Safety Data sheets required for the battery, only for airfreight! Sometimes it is cheaper, when You crate the bike. If not, strap the charger to the bike somehow, that is cheaper and nothing gets lost. But check before with Your local custom departement, what papers they want for import.
For he export You need a notarized bill of sale and/or contract of sale, when the bike is privat. A title of the bike is important. Check, wether all data in the title is OK! Authorities are sometimes stupid! The last title i saw said, that the fueltype of the ALTA is gasoline!