Server issues

snydes

Staff member
As many of you I’m sure are aware, we’ve had some server problems this week. I know many of our members were in text or email contact with each other trying to find out what was going on. Not to worry though, we are not going anywhere and Philip is taking steps to improve the site reliability.

Stay tuned!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone!

Our hosting company was having network issues. Their phone lines have been busy for an entire week. They still haven't gotten back to me to answer my calls and emails. I had been considering switching to a more reliable and responsive service provider, but now it has become a necessity.

The forum is backed up several times per week by a third party, so I wasn't worried about a possibility of a data loss, but this latest downtime is plainly unacceptable.

I am very glad we are back online. There could be a little downtime in the future when the new service provider takes over, but I will notify everyone about it in advance.

:ricky:

Trialsman

As many of you I’m sure are aware, we’ve had some server problems this week. I know many of our members were in text or email contact with each other trying to find out what was going on. Not to worry though, we are not going anywhere and Philip is taking steps to improve the site reliability.

Stay tuned!
Thanks, so much for all you guys do keeping this site up. I think we would all be lost without it. I know I was going through withdrawal.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I figured @Philip had just packed up the AOF site, downloaded it to his fancy Motovan/Mobile Data Center, and disconnected so as to remain socially distant. We don't want the site to be brought down by a virus or something. Thanks for the efforts to keep it up an running, even in the Coronapocalypse.

Actual picture of the AOF Website taking a socially distant break, living out of @Philip motovan and roasting marshmallows around a campfire at an undisclosed location:
1588357037769.png

Motovan packed with vital social distancing survival supplies:
1588358828516.png

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Actual picture of the AOF Website taking a socially distant break, living out of @Philip motovan and roasting marshmallows around a campfire at an undisclosed
That's actually, not too far from the truth! I am soaking in the sun in Luisiana now eating crawfish and sipping Corona(the beer). Self-isolating from the Michigan rain and cold.

IMG_20200501_1426065.jpg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Alright! AOF is moving to GoDaddy.com!

AOF will be migrated over the next ~10 days. GoGaddy promised that everything will happen smoothly, the downtime will be minimal, and of course, no data will be lost in the process. I will post an announcement before any planned downtime.

Thank you!

bluefxstc

Alright! AOF is moving to GoDaddy.com!

AOF will be migrated over the next ~10 days. GoGaddy promised that everything will happen smoothly, the downtime will be minimal, and of course, no data will be lost in the process. I will post an announcement before any planned downtime.

Thank you!
Thank you @Philip , and all the other site Admins, for everything you do for the site. Your efforts don't go unnoticed and are greatly appreciated by everyone here.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I figured @Philip had just packed up the AOF site, downloaded it to his fancy Motovan/Mobile Data Center, and disconnected so as to remain socially distant. We don't want the site to be brought down by a virus or something. Thanks for the efforts to keep it up an running, even in the Coronapocalypse.

Actual picture of the AOF Website taking a socially distant break, living out of @Philip motovan and roasting marshmallows around a campfire at an undisclosed location:
View attachment 5265

Motovan packed with vital social distancing survival supplies:
View attachment 5270
That is one happy van!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys!

The server has been down, again, for the last four days. The migration that I originally planned got really botched. I will have to do something less drastic in the future, as the current uptime and tech support are still unacceptable.

Thank you for your patience as we are getting through this.

As a reminder, I have multiple backups of everything, so no valuable AOF data should be lost.

Thanks Philip for the update. Thought it was something from my end over here that was up, even put out a SOS on VitalMX!.

As i am trying to find a bike this site is so important to me, so as above, thanks for yout time and efforts from the U.K.