Sent a front rotor from Alta with no explanation...

KTM_E-XC

Hey,

I was sent a front rotor for my 2019 MXR that I just picked up a couple of weeks ago.

The dealer said Alta sent them the front rotor and they were just sending it along to me.

I asked if there was a problem with my current rotor and they offered no explanation as to why this extra rotor was being sent on to me.

I was wondering if anyone else knows anything about this.

Thanks.

Silent But Dirty

Alta North
Hey,

I was sent a front rotor for my 2019 MXR that I just picked up a couple of weeks ago.

The dealer said Alta sent them the front rotor and they were just sending it along to me.

I asked if there was a problem with my current rotor and they offered no explanation as to why this extra rotor was being sent on to me.

I was wondering if anyone else knows anything about this.

Thanks.
Did you try asking Alta about it?

KTM_E-XC

Apparently, Alta sent it specifically for the bike but with no instructions is very strange. They only had one bike, they are a new dealer. Guess I'll have to phone Alta to get to the bottom of this.

@Silent But Dirty
That was the plan, just wanted to see if anyone else had any experiences with this front rotor swap deal.

@TCMB371 Yah, 2019 MXR.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I just find it interesting that there's no announcement on the website or anything about it, yet they've made it to dealers?

snydes

Staff member
Perhaps since everything is the same down to the graphics they didn’t deem it necessary, who knows. I assume they changed over to 2019 VINs around the same time the EXR’s started being built.

Silent But Dirty

Alta North
Apparently, Alta sent it specifically for the bike but with no instructions is very strange. They only had one bike, they are a new dealer. Guess I'll have to phone Alta to get to the bottom of this.

@Silent But Dirty
That was the plan, just wanted to see if anyone else had any experiences with this front rotor swap deal.

@TCMB371 Yah, 2019 MXR.
Be sure to let us know what they say. It is a little weird for sure.