Seat Screw

privateer703

AOF Addict
So I bought these hand screws to replace the seat screw and was wondering if anyone wants one. I have 4 extras. I'd charge $1 + shipping. A quick look shows that if you live in CA, it might be cheaper to buy the whole set of 5 from amazon, but if you're on the east coast total cost could be around $4-7. I just don't need the extra 4, and the $28 for the "ALTA" branded seat screw seemed a bit steep.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Good find, LOL! The five knobs are $8.38 with free Prime shipping. Maybe I will buy 1-3 from you in July when we go race that 24hr race. Or trade for a beer.

Trialsman

They are really great. I put one on my '17 when I got it then later with my '19. So much more handy to remove the seat when needed.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
They are still only $9 for 5 of them from Amazon. Cheaper from them than to ship one cross country. I also have 4 extra if you are in the San Ramon, CA area though. Although the gas to drive to my location, even in the bay area, is probably more expensive than that!

Trialsman

I got my seat screws off Amazon as well, very cheap. I used two others as adjusters for the windscreen on my Lynx cowling on the Berg 570.

TeslaRaptor

So I bought these hand screws to replace the seat screw and was wondering if anyone wants one. I have 4 extras. I'd charge $1 + shipping. A quick look shows that if you live in CA, it might be cheaper to buy the whole set of 5 from amazon, but if you're on the east coast total cost could be around $4-7. I just don't need the extra 4, and the $28 for the "ALTA" branded seat screw seemed a bit steep.

Quick reply to say thank you. I ordered these pre-bike arrival and really like them. Saves another trip to the toolbox!