Screw for rear brake lever

schwankl

Anyone know a part number for the bolt that holds in the rear brake lever? - Has an angled/countersunk head ( 1569094994361.png )
1569094410209.png

schwankl

Very cool of you, Thanks! I will paypal you for the part and shipping, just let me know amount and email if you want to get rid of one or 2, else part number.

schwankl

Thanks to Rashid found the part - M8 40mm flat head cap screw ( 10 for $6 shipped in us on eBay ) Incase someone has same question in forum.

Also had another important screw fall out yesterday while in some technical trails: the screw that holds the springs to the kickstand leg. Coulda been bad if was in the air - the leg was free to extend all the way - will be checking all screws weekly now.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Also had another important screw fall out yesterday while in some technical trails: the screw that holds the springs to the kickstand leg. Coulda been bad if was in the air - the leg was free to extend all the way - will be checking all screws weekly now.

That seems strange to me. When working on both of my ALTAs, I have found that every single bolt that I have removed was installed at the factory with a locking compound. No hardware has ever loosened on its own and some of the bolts are quite difficult to remove. Had someone previously removed those bolts?

Trialsman

That seems strange to me. When working on both of my ALTAs, I have found that every single bolt that I have removed was installed at the factory with a locking compound. No hardware has ever loosened on its own and some of the bolts are quite difficult to remove. Had someone previously removed those bolts?
That is exactly the same findings I have had. I have never seen a manufacturer build with such care and attention to detail. The first thing I do when I buy a bike is to tear it down to grease bearings, check rub points on wiring, and every fastener gets either Anti-Seize or Loctite - depending.

schwankl

Had someone previously removed those bolts?
no. I do put the bikes thru a beating tho. Daily hit a rugged alpine trail that goes up ~4kft and is mostly large loose rock - kinda like a creek bed at 20-30 degrees. with >5k miles of that over >220hr screws are getting loose. Snow is getting deeper up top and getting slippery in a few places (pic is from last year, but looking same now):
1571415012877.png

snydes

Staff member
@schwankl , those trails look treacherous! Have you tried studded tires on an Alta yet? I wonder if they would work well on an Alta given the ability to so carefully apply power, or if the torque would be a detriment.

schwankl

@schwankl Have you tried studded tires on an Alta yet?
No - I have 6mi of road with 2kft vert just to get to trailhead. From dec to may the trail has few ft of snow and south Utah only. I want to timbersled but ice bike for that - noticed in 10-20f the alta/Sony battery seems 20% less - and doubt the inverter and or bcu firmware is smart enough not to allow regen when battery <32f.

Fog 25

no. I do put the bikes thru a beating tho. Daily hit a rugged alpine trail that goes up ~4kft and is mostly large loose rock - kinda like a creek bed at 20-30 degrees. with >5k miles of that over >220hr screws are getting loose. Snow is getting deeper up top and getting slippery in a few places (pic is from last year, but looking same now):
View attachment 3979
I always thought heat loosen lock tight. Now I will try cold. 👍