RXR NHTSA decal?

Caryder

B888C478-6F40-43AE-8124-73B335D5E37A.jpeg
All Altas were built in specification of NHTSA and the DOT. If your bike has VIN label and VECI label then there within compliance of the DOT. If you get the specfic labels for an EXR then you should be able to register appropriately.
I bought and registered my Alta EXR in Arizona in 2018. I moved to Wisconsin this October and they won’t register it because

2019 ALTA VIN #…000114

We received your title and Wisconsin Title and License Plate Application for the above vehicle. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, this manufacturer did not certify this product as
complying with the Federal motor vehicle safety standards which are applicable to motor vehicles as defined at 49 U.S.C.
30102. Therefore, this vehicle can only be titled in Wisconsin with a brand of NOT FOR USE on WISCONSIN ROADS, and we cannot issue registration. Your title/application and fees will be refunded and will arrive separately. If you decide to apply for a title only, please resubmit your application and title transfer fee.

If you have any questions, call (608) 264-0890. Telephones are answered between 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM Monday
through Friday.

BUREAU OF VEHICLE SERVICES
Did you properly scribe the VIN? Some times the DMVs in the USA get confused that we built the bike in Brisbane, CA on the WMI identifier (which is VIN Position 11) and they think it was built in Brisbane, Australia (I had to clarify this with the CHP and DMV here in CA) Also is the VECI label still on the bike? (Smaller sticker near the VIN sticker)

49 U.S.C. 30102 - has a broad definition regarding standards....Which sounds like there throwing the general book at it. Also if the bike was titled and registered in another state, the title transfer should be pretty clear on the documentation.

The Alta VIN and bike itself is certified under 49 CFR Part 565.
yes stickers are on the bike, I had to send in pictures to Madison DMV because the DMV in Baraboo wouldn’t inspect it because they said In didn’t show up in the database. I understand why because when I search the NHTSA, it returns the attached screenshot.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Interesting, this is weird. Based on NHTSA info, the K identifier (K = 2019) looks like it was never properly registered into the NHTSA Database, which makes no sense since we were selling plenty of 2019 EXRs to the whole USA Market. Being that its an early EXR, could have been misinterpreted because we started building 2019 EXRs in the end of 2018 for ramp up.

Caryder

Interesting, this is weird. Based on NHTSA info, the K identifier (K = 2019) looks like it was never properly registered into the NHTSA Database, which makes no sense since we were selling plenty of 2019 EXRs to the whole USA Market. Being that its an early EXR, could have been misinterpreted because we started building 2019 EXRs in the end of 2018 for ramp up.
Alta shuttered the doors a month after I bought it. I’m suspecting something was pending with respect to certification that didn’t get completed. It’s odd that AZ didn’t bring it up, but it was a dealer that submitted the paperwork when I bought it.

Also odd that people in Georgia have similar experiences.