Riding a 30 mile poker run tomorrow on my EXR

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Is it a non-competitive ride? You should be able to do 30 miles in Map 2, but yeah, I would be safe and start in Map 1 in case the ride gets difficult or you get lost in the woods, LOL.

Good luck to you!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, 1,321 calories! :)
I used to wear chest straps and stuff and my starts were crazy. Then I calmed down and now I ride without data most of the time.

Butch

Poseur
I try to record the mileage and hours most everytime I ride. Yesterday was 31 miles, 2.5 hrs, a quarter tank of electrons remaining. It is telling data. I have new underwear, er, firmware, so I am hot to see what is different.

Yeah, I have new underwear too.

Oh yeah, I am coming to understand that the charge remaining is a calculated value based on use, not actual charge remaining... we just need to weigh the batterypack, E=MC squared and all.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, I am coming to understand that the charge remaining is a calculated value based on use, not actual charge remaining...
Almost. Yes and no!
If you keep the key on, the bike will estimate based on usage. If you cycle the key, the bike will estimate based on the voltage.
See below:
The display shows "more" charge when the key is cycled because of the logic of how the charge is estimated. Basically by cycling the key, the bike is losing the history of the ride and cannot estimate your range based on your recent riding.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
I try to record the mileage and hours most everytime I ride. Yesterday was 31 miles, 2.5 hrs, a quarter tank of electrons remaining. It is telling data. I have new underwear, er, firmware, so I am hot to see what is different.

Yeah, I have new underwear too.

Oh yeah, I am coming to understand that the charge remaining is a calculated value based on use, not actual charge remaining... we just need to weigh the batterypack, E=MC squared and all.
Damn there I was thinking of skipping that’s 2nd dozen donuts for breakfast increased my range! 🤨