Owner's Review Review after 500 miles on my MXR

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
This weekend I removed the stock chain and let it soak in the parts cleaner overnight. After the soaking I cleaned it thoroughly with a brass brush, let it drain, installed it, ran it down the road to fling the fluid off. I finished the cleaning process with fresh chain wax lube. Much quieter and new looking.

The nice thing about non Oring chain is that you can clean it in a bucket of parts cleaner. No can do with Oring and Xring chain.

ElectroBraap

Interesting, I have the latest firmware and It has behaved the same since day 1 on the old firmware. I love how it is, wheel spin is fun. Powwweeerrrrr!

P.s. I still manage welllll over 50mph with ease. I've ridden several different bikes now and they all act the same. Minor differences in the mx ex and sm maps of course.

*shrugs*

What is yours doing now that it wasn't before?

-Electro

ElectroBraap

it hovers around 50mph in all maps and is linear power till 70 no mater what throttle input, its anoying but the low end is the same. Ive talked to alta about it and they say its fine and normal, but on the old firmware it was awesome in map 4 itd pull all the way to the limit 70mph.

Hm, yea I can't confirm nor deny that. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing? It's always felt the same to me.

-Electro

Rob41

Chief Engineer
Wow, some bikes top out at 50 while other top out at 70. I sure hope the differences are due to tire/sprocket changes. Is rider weight a factor?

ElectroBraap

Wow, some bikes top out at 50 while other top out at 70. I sure hope the differences are due to tire/sprocket changes. Is rider weight a factor?
I don't think that is what anyone is saying. At first I thought the same as you. But if I'm not mistaken they are saying the acceleration falls below peak after 50. I've ridden a few altas and they have all been consistent. I've never had one top out when it shouldn't.

-electro