Resistor For EXR Tail Light ?

VINSANITY

I want to install an LED tail light on an EXR but it needs a resistor otherwise the software shuts it off as it thinks it’s a burnt out bulb.

Does anyone know what resistor is needed.

datadog

The software does not necessarily look at resistance. It looks at inrush current. There are posts on here about specific tail lights. Try a search.

Motophyllic

I’ve had no luck with resistors in my 50 hours or so of tinkering with my headlight/taillight kill switch. I wish I could figure it out myself.

Motophyllic

I spent hours on Google learning about inrush current and limiters. No luck making anything that worked 😔

datadog

I wish I had time to assist. It is possible, we were working on it before the demise, but it was not a priority, and I was asked to stop. Right now, completely swamped with a new project. I have an EX, and if I find the need to do this for my bike, I will post it.

schwankl

I bought thermistors which didn’t work and tried resistors which also didn’t work.
Which ones did you get? I have extra ones that worked for a dot certified 35w headlight on mxr - if you want to DM me ur address will throw few in an envelope for ya. There is probably a better solution using transistors and resistors - saw design using 2 mosfet 2 resistors, but was just too easy to try w/ an inline thermistor and worked.

Here is link to other thread and themistor that worked: load / resistance spec for aux / 12v circuit

Motophyllic

I used an NTC thermistor and also tried a couple different resistors. I don’t remember what size. The problem with the thermistors was that they tripped the breaker, but also got hot and worried me that I’d melt something. I’ll PM you my address. That’d be great if you’d send me what you have. 😁