'refueling' options

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Ive had several OSET motorcycles for my son & am a believer in the electric format. Urban environment. I am a retired factory R&D rider/ MSF instructor, roadracing coach & promote the electric motorcycles as a good tool for learning of all ages.
I am starting my research into an Alta & am pretty committed at this point on a 2018 MXR.
Need to work out logistics with 'refueling' or recharging both the Alta & Oset MX-10 in the field in the most efficient way possible. I carry the bikes on a bike carrier & internally (OSET) so room for a big heavy generator is limited but if thats the best course.... either way I need to factor the refueling cost into the overall bike costs.

any direction thoughts are welcome
thanks
Rick

snydes

Staff member
We’ve debated just about everything imaginable, european generators, inverters, step up transformers, etc. The most practical solution if you need to charge away from shore power is a typical home backup power generator like you would find at a home improvement store. @Philip has already personally tried a few and I’m sure will give you his recommendation on best bang for the buck.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Well the majority of my riding at this point would be keeping my kid within eyesight on his oset MX10. But my limited free time would be gncc type riding to the limits of battery life then return to the jeep for a recharge both bike & body.
I generally stay away from using trailers as I hate paying registration on something I use 5 times a year. But started looking into the military generators via trailer. Go big or go home right?

snydes

Staff member
Well the majority of my riding at this point would be keeping my kid within eyesight on his oset MX10. But my limited free time would be gncc type riding to the limits of battery life then return to the jeep for a recharge both bike & body.
I generally stay away from using trailers as I hate paying registration on something I use 5 times a year. But started looking into the military generators via trailer. Go big or go home right?

A subscriber to the Tim Taylor school of thought I see! Well, you got me there, we have not debated pull behind military generators...

You would however be able to run all your friends Alta chargers at the same time should that ever become a thing :D

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
A subscriber to the Tim Taylor school of thought I see! Well, you got me there, we have not debated pull behind military generators...

You would however be able to run all your friends Alta chargers at the same time should that ever become a thing :D
for a fee of beer during charging times lol