Redshift EX around my neighborhood..

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice!!!

This is funny how you are wearing shorts and sneakers, but you protect your knees. The Redshift has those ridiculous shroud ribs that would hurt the insides of your knees if you are not wearing anything.

I may have to do the same. I have been riding in my garage work jeans in my backyard after work. Sometimes even in sneakers. But my knees did not like it, they are a bit bruised. Need to figure out some better shrouds.

Oded

I am really not proud about what I wore on that ride. It was already evening and did not have time to wrar the entire outfit and protection.
Promised myself not to do that again even for lite off road.

The combination of shorts, sneakers & knee guards really does look ridiculous...

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
No, no, you look just fine. I was just laughing that the most dangerous thing on this bike are the ribs on the shrouds that are really bad on unprotected knees.

Oded

I know and I agree, but it made me think that minor injuries (mostly knees) and major injuries (mostly back) can be partially avoided with the correct protection gear.

snydes

Staff member
Nice pics! Do you have any deep sand riding areas anywhere near you? I’m curious how one will do in deep sand in a play riding situation.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Steve, you saw my pics and videos in deep sand. I was running fat tires and super low pressures with Tube Saddles. The bike was rolling on top of the sand and was not digging in. This is the first time I tried it and I now love sand!

snydes

Staff member
Really? I wouldn’t have thought it was deep in those videos. Looked like you were navigating it easily. I’m thinking about taking it on a trip to some sand dunes, paddle tire type stuff, and am trying to approximate how it will do on the battery. I’m thinking I will drain it in a hurry though.

snydes

Staff member
Oded those pictures remind me whats so special about these bikes... there you are, not far from what looks to be a very developed area, and nobody probably knew you were there. You can get one of these bikes out after work and enjoy them every day.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Oded those pictures remind me whats so special about these bikes... there you are, not far from what looks to be a very developed area, and nobody probably knew you were there. You can get one of these bikes out after work and enjoy them every day.
I totally agree. This is a very accurate observation!

Oded

You guys nailed it. Have a free half an hour? Just pop on the bike and head to the field behind your house, no matter what time it is. Only possible with electrics.

We have few sand dunes around here. Not my favorite type of riding, but it is important to develop skills. The Redshift is great in sand, as there is no clutch work which is typical for this kind of riding.
It will drain the battery quickly however.

My tires are not suitable for sand (Pirelli mt43), need to keep floating over the sand, but they don't dig much.

snydes

Staff member
Well at this point I'm planning to take it to the dunes in the fall, so unless one of our forum members beats me to it, I'll be the guinea pig. Philip I'm not 100% sure which way I'm going to go, most guys run a full paddle at this place but the MX12 would probably be acceptable and certainly more versatile.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
You can go with Pirelli Scorpion MX 410 Rear Tire - 120/80-19. It seems to be a much better tire than Dunlop's MX12 with about 50% taller knobs. This is what all the Euros ran at this year's muddy MXoN to sweep the podium. Out of all Dunlop riders only Tomac jumped the Larocco's Leap a few times, barely making it, while many Euros were jumping it every lap with no issues.

Bought-2-L8

You can go with Pirelli Scorpion MX 410 Rear Tire - 120/80-19. It seems to be a much better tire than Dunlop's MX12 with about 50% taller knobs. This is what all the Euros ran at this year's muddy MXoN to sweep the podium. Out of all Dunlop riders only Tomac jumped the Larocco's Leap a few times, barely making it, while many Euros were jumping it every lap with no issues.
I just bought the Artrax TG4 Sand tire. 110 though. Motosport didnt offer a 120 Pirelli, but now I see Rocky Mountain offers it. I might try that next.

F451

Riding in shorts?! You're going to burn your leg on the...errrr. Nevermind, Lol.

And you guys are killing me with your Alta ride almost anywhere pics and vids, I'm jealous.