Recent Alta things

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Get the plastics and mounting bolts, bring them to a machine shop and tell them what you want. They should be able to figure it out pretty easily from there if they are halfway competent.

TeslaRaptor

Get the plastics and mounting bolts, bring them to a machine shop and tell them what you want. They should be able to figure it out pretty easily from there if they are halfway competent.

Ok. Sounds good.

If someone that has this done can take a couple of pics that would also be much appreciated.

snydes

Staff member
Thx so much for that. Not sure why that thread didn’t come up in my searches. Will need to improve my search-fu!
No problem! Sometimes it’s hard to find what you are looking for, plus some good stuff gets buried in threads of a totally different topic. We try to keep organized but it’s tough to keep up.

Scooter584

If you have the ktm/husky front fender I'm sure a shop would know what to do....you can see the spots where the new holes will need to be drilled if you take the existing fender off and place the new on on there.Use a sharpie or a paint marker or a scratch all to make the marks in the triple clamp then simply drill them out to whichever size of bolt you use I stuck with the metric threads I believe a six millimeter by 1.25 is the threads I would have to look to see for sure that's just going off memory it's an 8 mm hex head bolt then run the tap in there and clean out threads when you're done.... Also on the underside where the two bolts will go I believe I had to drill new holes in the plastic itself not in the triple clamp I utilized the existing holes in the triple clamp on the bottom side

snydes

Staff member
Using the existing triple clamp holes for the bottom two is the easiest. The offset bushings I did would be an added expense for if you don’t like the drill new holes in the plastic method.