Rear brake master cylinder mount. Has it been broken?

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
There was an update that was rolled into the RBH (rear bulkhead) which rectified this issue and a few other updates to the R bulkhead for suspension/shock clearance.

Don Thuren

There was an update that was rolled into the RBH (rear bulkhead) which rectified this issue and a few other updates to the R bulkhead for suspension/shock clearance.

Interesting! Any info on a vin/date/timeline this was done? I'd be curious to see what the change was. Thanks man!

Trialsman

I made up a couple braces for my two EXRs from 7075. I did it old school by machining in two pieces then TIGing them together. This will make the factory master cylinder bracket super strong and will prevent bending and possible breakage of the brake pedal attachment. I will be doing a test run Sunday in prep for our trip to Highland park next week. When Don has his machines tooled up be sure to pick one up as replacement parts are unobtanium. It will be well worth it as it took a couple days to design and fabricate so get on his list early. Thanks again Don for noticing this easily correctable weakness.

IMG_6389.jpgIMG_6391.jpg

Trialsman

Yes I have a bunch machined and done!!! I’ll put a little kit together here ASAP for purchase. I’ll update here when ready should be ready to rock this week!
This is a good edition to the Alta. Mine have held up perfectly on trips to WindRock and five local outings. I'm sure Don's will be prettier than mine but rock solid as well.

Don Thuren

Alright everyone I have 30 of these kits boxed up and ready to ship USPS Priority mail!

Sorry took so long moved my main business into a few facility and to say it was time consuming is an understatement.

I'll work on instructions and stuff soon, but really, it's pretty self explanatory.

alta brake support

Puchase link above!

Trialsman

Alright everyone I have 30 of these kits boxed up and ready to ship USPS Priority mail!

Sorry took so long moved my main business into a few facility and to say it was time consuming is an understatement.

I'll work on instructions and stuff soon, but really, it's pretty self explanatory.

alta brake support

Puchase link above!
Looks great Don, and very reasonable. Thanks for doing this ( not only the kit but bringing the problem to the forum's attention.)