Ready for a 24 Hr Race

privateer703

AOF Addict
We may not be the fastest team at this race, but we will be the best looking.
Here are the pics with the reflective numbers and AOF decal. Not too bad as far as the brightness of the Oracal material. There is a little washout in the picture, but that could be the camera on my 5 year old Galaxy S5. I was worried these would only reflect at certain angles, but it looks like it reflects almost 180 degrees.

Alta_Reflect_Frnt.jpgAlta_Reflect_Frnt_Qtr.jpgAlta_Reflect_Side.jpgAlta_Reflect_Rr.jpg
If anyone wants me to bring them a set of reflective numbers let me know.

privateer703

AOF Addict
Hopefully I can get some daytime pics today if it doesn't rain. But as soon as I can, I'll get those posted as well. Didn't get all the plastics back on until after dark yesterday.

privateer703

AOF Addict
I just used a piece of aluminum angle bolted to the mounting points of the tusk hand guards. It adds a little stiffness to the hand guards. I'll get pics of that posted later tonight or early tomorrow. The tusk hand guards were a pain though, since the mounts landed right at the handlebar taper. I had to have my father throw it on his lathe to put a taper bore on the mounting clamps.

F451

We may not be the fastest team at this race, but we will be the best looking...

Looking good man!

And re not the fastest, I'm sure you know, the turtle approach can work in those 24 hr races. My 2nd (and last one), my team of knuckleheads won our class, 40 AM (which is usually packed with a bunch of very fast and well equipped teams) by simply continuing to plod on with our laps while other teams dealt with the usual issues that come up in these races.

And at one point one of our riders flat out refused to do his 2 am or so lap because he said we were way ahead of the other teams in our class and he didn't need to go out there. I was floored. And pissed. We carried on with our laps and ended up winning our class, I think it was by one or two laps.

Just keep grinding out the laps, no matter how slow I (we) may be. There's never a downside to that strategy. Of course, if you're fast, same strategy, Lol.

And good luck, I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. -Ed